iOS Kodi Remote Connection Timeout
Hi community, I know this topic has been posted may times before, but non post can help me to fix my issue

iPhone IOs version: 15.1
Internet provider IZZI (Mexico) Modem ARRIS
Kodi Version: 16.1 (I know is old but for me is the best versions of all)
Win7 64 (update)

Its has been woring Kodi remote for years, never failed,
I have al the right configuration on my Kodi remote (like always), right IP, right port 8080, right setting in settings/services. I have been managed Kodi this for years, but since 1 week ago is not conecting kodi remote (connection timeout) and is driving me crazy.

I just called to my ISP and they told me they have many reports form others users with IOs version 10 and forward, in my case I have 15.1 version, All reports mention that from IOs version 10 and above all users are having troubles to connect Kodi remote, they also told me that Kodi website need to give us the new port because 8080 s not working anymore. I mean, with IOs version above 10 we need to know whats ports are the ones we need to use on kodi and kodi remote

I just mande a new re install of kodi 16.1 to its factory settings, also I reset my modem ARRIS to its factory settings and northing is working. I have tasted others posrts like 9090, 8888 and others whit out any luck

My settings in Kodi and Kodi remote are all fine, the problem is the updated IOs versions from 10 and above  ,,, If I no mistaken I did an update on my iphone from donnt know what IOs version to 15.1 version, that was 1 week ago, and my kodi remote is not working since 1 week ago, so, the answer is the IOs version, that is causing the connection problem.

Do any one have the right ports to the newest IOs version

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you
Hi,

since iOS 14 the App needed to implement a registration to allow access to the local network. As far as I know this is only called when the App is for the very first trying to access the local network.

You were not mentioning, if you already tried to delete and freshly re-install the App itself. Please do this. When first time searching for the Kodi instance a popup should appear that asks you to allow or deny access to the local network. If you allow this, the App should work from then on.

Hope this solves your problem.
(2021-11-19, 08:05)Buschel Wrote: Hi,

since iOS 14 the App needed to implement a registration to allow access to the local network. As far as I know this is only called when the App is for the very first trying to access the local network.

You were not mentioning, if you already tried to delete and freshly re-install the App itself. Please do this. When first time searching for the Kodi instance a popup should appear that asks you to allow or deny access to the local network. If you allow this, the App should work from then on.

Hope this solves your problem.

Thank you. I removed kodi remote from my iphone and I did a new install, input again all the correct data, but not popup appear in the process, still not working, any ideas?

Regards
Just to be sure you are taking the exact same steps:
1. Have your Kodi instance and your phone connected to the same network (eg. home WiFi).
2. When removing the App ensure you choose "Remove App" (marked in red), and not "Remove from Home screen".
3. Re-install App from AppStore
4. Start App, select "Add host" and then select "Find Kodi" (blue button)

Now the popup should appear which asks you if the App is allowed to access the local network.
(2021-11-20, 11:13)Buschel Wrote: Just to be sure you are taking the exact same steps:
1. Have your Kodi instance and your phone connected to the same network (eg. home WiFi).
2. When removing the App ensure you choose "Remove App" (marked in red), and not "Remove from Home screen".
3. Re-install App from AppStore
4. Start App, select "Add host" and then select "Find Kodi" (blue button)

Now the popup should appear which asks you if the App is allowed to access the local network.
Thank you very much, thats what it left me to do, ''the blue button'', its working now

Thank you again, hope the other 1000 users with the same problem can find your solution, because is not explained any where else but here

Best regards
Great to hear it works for you now. Just to fully understand what you did before: Instead of "Find Kodi", you entered the IP and the other entries manually, then saved (blue button on the right), and then tried to connect via tapping the manually created server entry?
@kambala, would be great if you could comment on this one. Currently the Remote App will only trigger the "local network access permission request" when the "Find Kodi" function is used. This calls: 

Code:
[netServiceBrowser searchForServicesOfType:@"_xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp" inDomain:@"local"];

When filling the server details manually and trying to connect to the server this permission is not requested and not granted, causing the App to fail connecting. This seems to be a common issue when users update their iOS system.

Can the above be called safely also in the case of connecting to a manually defined server? Or should be we just add a note to our release notes on this (always use "Find Kodi" once after installing or upgrading iOS)?
(2021-11-21, 13:07)Buschel Wrote: @kambala, would be great if you could comment on this one.

we can send a fake request to force the alert to appear, see e.g. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/664775
(2021-11-21, 19:28)kambala Wrote:
(2021-11-21, 13:07)Buschel Wrote: @kambala, would be great if you could comment on this one.

we can send a fake request to force the alert to appear, see e.g. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/664775
Ok, thanks. Just calling [netServiceBrowser searchForServicesOfType:...] and stopping this after short timer is not preferred, I guess.
Is there any way to read, if the local network access was already granted?
(2021-11-21, 20:57)Buschel Wrote: Is there any way to read, if the local network access was already granted?

no such way afaik
(2021-11-21, 21:55)kambala Wrote:
(2021-11-21, 20:57)Buschel Wrote: Is there any way to read, if the local network access was already granted?

no such way afaik
Ok, prepared the change based on the link you provided: PR#489.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Remote Connection Timeout0