Kodi for a school
@Preacher

Hello and thanks for the clarification Wink Yet I've understood ! 
Yes, this solution could be fine. The problem is that we have here about 200 teachers who are going to upload multimedia files into the server. I'm a little afraid that it will become a bit of anarchy. The idea would be that they use an interface that asks them to categorize what they want to upload and then search for it using keywords ; but I keep in mind your solution because I like the idea that it's their own player that will be used to display movies...
thanks again for your help
Smile
(2021-12-16, 11:11)forstera Wrote: The problem is that we have here about 200 teachers who are going to upload multimedia files into the server. I'm a little afraid that it will become a bit of anarchy.
This is a non-kodi issue... but is still something I can help with, nonetheless.

Your problem isn't 200+ people uploading content, your concern is that none of them will take responsibility to keep the structure properly organised - meaning little or no value to students trying to find stuff, as they'll be wading through an incomprehensible mess.

So, you've got two options:
  1. gather them all together, tell them it's their responsibility to keep the structure clean and tidy for all the students
  2. create two groups: "uploaders" and "managers".  All 200 teachers are in "uploaders" that will drop content into a holding area, then the smaller group of "managers" will vet, clean, rename, categorise content before shifting it across to the downloadable areas, maintaining a good clean structure.
I'd recommend option 2 as it then means there's a smaller group with content ownership that can agree amongst themselves how things should look. Now, if none of the teachers volunteer to be in this group, then it means the group has a membership of one: YOU.  That's no problem - you can maintain it effectively - but no teachers taking upon content management means everything grinds to a standstill when you're unavailable, and work will quickly backlog when the enabling manager becomes the chokepoint because nobody else wants to volunteer.

There's also another factor to consider: use some storage that enables tagging and searching. Users can then search against tags, categories, names, etc - rather than try to drill down through file structures to hunt manually (Sharepoint has this feature, but very few people use it; they are still are fixated upon how to get to assets, not how to find them)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi for a school0