Slow 19.3
I tried installing Kodi 19.3 on my old lenovo x61 tablet running windows 10. The menus were very laggy. I tried 19.0, same. Around 4-6 fps . 18.9 is fine with ~60 fps.

19.3 log:https://paste.kodi.tv/ofefehuqol.kodi
18.9 log:https://paste.kodi.tv/itinicitod.kodi

Tried libreelec as live usb. Frame rates around 20-50 fps (usable).

Could windows graphics drivers be the issue?
(2021-12-19, 10:07)robert2019 Wrote: Could windows graphics drivers be the issue?

Your tablet/laptop:
Code:
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo L7500 1.6GHz
OS Windows Vista Ultimate
RAM 2GB DDR2
Display 12.1″ MultiView/MultiTouch XGA (1024×768) TFT
Graphics Intel GMA X3100 graphics, Intel 965 Express Chipset

I have a laptop with similar specs. Kodi 17 still runs okayish and perhaps 18 as well (haven't used the laptop much lately), after that, the Kodi menus become sluggish with LibreELEC or Ubuntu+Kodi.

Sorry, but newer graphics drivers don't usually boost up performance by 750% to magically fix old hardware and bring it into 2022. I doubt there are better drivers for a 14 year old laptop.
It seems I get substantially better performance than you with libreelec 10 and also with kodi 18.9 on windows. 

Also, I did not say that graphics drivers were the problem. I asked if they might be. 

I'm not quite convinced they are because if that were the case, why would 18.9 be so much faster when 19.3's interface appears to be little different.
(2021-12-20, 03:36)robert2019 Wrote: why would 18.9 be so much faster when 19.3's interface appears to be little different.

I'm not into the finicky dev details, but perhaps requirements for OpenGL went a step up with Kodi 19.
Displaying the Kodi GUI with OpenGL and displaying a video with ffmpeg are two different things.
Except libreelec works fine using opengl, but it's the windows version that's slow using directx, and I haven't watched anything so ffmpeg not even coming into it yet!

I'm not expecting too much support from the kodi team on this for such an old device. I thought there might be a quick fix. 
Thanks for your replies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow 19.30