• 13(current)
Release Mezzmo Kodi addon UPnP/DLNA Library Sharing Support Thread
Version 1.0.16 of the Mezzmo Artwork Checker has been uploaded to GitHub.
This version has 2 fixes for an IMDB API URL change and a minor date/time format change.

New Features / Fixes in v1.0.16:

• Changed last time checker ran output to just hrs, mins, secs and dropped the partial secs
• Updated IMDB-API to TV-API URL change (This is a URL only change. Your IMDB API keys
should continue to function normally)

I've been using this utility for a couple of years now and have fetched over
16,900 additional images from TMDB / IMDB for actors and actresses.

It is a very easy way to add new artwork to your library without the need to
rescrape your underling movies and TV episodes. You can even set it up as
a batch file to run daily.

*** Important Note ***

Upcoming version 1.0.17 and beyond will have some major changes. A stand-alone
movie file NFO creator is being added along with fetching movie artwork. This
will be released in phases with the first phase being manual entry of the movie
names, followed by folder level scraping and then eventually scraping new movies
added to the Mezzmo database. A full logging facility, similar to what exists in the
Mezzmo Trailer Checker will be added.

If anyone would like to help test the NFO creator you can download it here.

There are a few limitations on this version which will be improved in the future. It
is limited to US / English, the backdrop / fanart is fixed at 1920x1080 and the poster
artwork is fixed to 500x750. Future releases will add config file options for setting
artwork resolution, language etc..

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

See the Mezzmo Artwork Checker Wiki
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.22) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
version fixes an issue caused my the IMDB-API website changing their URL

v0.0.22 fixes and features:

• Fixed getting IMDB trailer information when using an IMDB-API key. IMDB-API changed their URL to TV-API.
This release fixes the issue and previous IMDB-API keys should continue to work normally.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.21 can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and the Mezzmo GUI and server service need
to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database. This is a protection mechanism to ensure just one application is writing
to the Mezzmo database at a time.

The release notes for the various releases can be found here.

I added a couple of Wiki pages with step-by step instructions and screenshots on how to use the Mezzmo Trailer Checker with Mezzmo to automatically
add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I have begun a FAQ Wiki page (Frequently Asked Questions) with
some of the most common questions related to running the tool with Mezzmo. The FAQ has a number of Kodi specific questions.

The tool has been working very well for me, especially since the fixes in v0.0.3. I find myself watching more movies in my Mezzmo / Kodi library due to the
the Mezzmo Movie Previews feature and local trailers I have Mezzmo Movie Previews set to 3 previews. Now I get 3 random trailers from the release year
of the movie which haven't been watched in my library, then the main movie starts. It's an almost movie theater-like experience..

Questions and feedback are welcome.

Jeff

Mezzmo Trailer Checker wiki page
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Version 2.0.4, of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel 2, has been published. This is a bug fix
update to address an issue and to support newer You Tube formats..

You can download the Mezzmo Movie Trailers 2 Channel version 2.0.4 here.

Upgrade instructions for the client software can be found here. There are no changes to the
server software in this release.

Version 2.0.4 updates

• Fixed API key issue causing 401 errors from TMDB
• Updated yt-dlp.exe to a new version to fix other You Tube errors
• Updated format parsing to handle newer You Tube formats

The new Wiki, supporting the version 2 channel, is nearly complete. You can find details there for
How it works, Getting Started, Running the channel and more.

Check out these Kodi library views to see more.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mezzmo Movie Trailers 2 channel wiki
Version 1.0.3, of the Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel , has been published. This is a bug fix
update to address an issue and to support newer You Tube formats..

You can download the Mezzmo TV Show Trailers Channel version 1.0.3 here.

Upgrade instructions for the client software can be found here. There are no changes to the
server software in this release.

Version 1.0.3 updates

• Fixed API key issue causing 401 errors from TMDB
• Updated yt-dlp.exe to a new version to fix other You Tube errors
• Updated format parsing to handle newer You Tube formats

The new Wiki, supporting this new channel, is complete. You can find details there for
How it works, Getting Started, Running the channel and more.

Check out these Kodi library views to see more.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mezzmo Movie Trailers 2 channel wiki
Version 1.0.17 of the Mezzmo Artwork Checker has been uploaded to GitHub. This
version has 2 major new features for generating NFO files and adding a logging facility.
Additionally beginning with this release you can also download a release file directly
from GitHub.

New Features / Fixes in v1.0.17:

• Added major new feature to create NFO files, get movie artwork and generate
an extras file for cutting / pasting metadata into Mezzmo for data which the
NFO process doesn't support.
• Added the ability to automatically download new actor / actress image artwork
when creating NFO files. If the actor artwork already exists in Mezzmo and
the Mezzmo artwork Checker, it will be skipped.
• Added new logging mechanism to a logfile specified in the config file

I've been using this utility for a couple of years now and have fetched over
16,900 additional images from TMDB / IMDB for actors and actresses.

It is a very easy way to add new artwork to your library without the need to
rescrape your underling movies and TV episodes. You can even set it up as
a batch file to run daily.

*** Important Note ***

The is the first release of the new NFO creation tool and corresponding artwork
downloader. This first release is manual command line driven where you can create
an NFO file and artwork from the movie title and year, The output is formatted to
Mezzmo but will work with Kodi.

There are a few limitations in this version which will be improved in the future. It
is limited to US / English, the backdrop / fanart is fixed at 1920x1080 and the poster
artwork is fixed to 500x750.

The following features are planned / being considered for upcoming releases:

• Ability to select Mezzmo or Kodi NFO file format output
• Adjust downloaded artwork sizes via config file
• Search Mezzmo database for new movie list to generate NFO files
• Search Mezzmo database by title to generate NFO files
• Direct update of the Mezzmo database with movie metadata vs.
generating NFO file
• Support for other non-TMDB metadata and artwork sources

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

See the Mezzmo Artwork Checker Wiki
An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.2.0.4) and
Kodi v19+ (v2.2.0.4) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain
mostly bug fixes for some additional UPnP servers which were tested and some
other minor bug fixes to improve stability and usability.

*** Important Notes***

Please note, as mentioned previously, there will begin to be differences in features
between the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19+ versions of the Mezzmo Kodi Addon. Feature
differences will continue to grow and the Kodi 18 version of the addon will soon
become bug fix only updates through the end of 2024.

v1.2.0.4 Kodi 18

• Fixed where multiple instances of New Search would be displayed in a Search result
when a large number of search items are returned. Now New Search will only appear
once at the top of the search result listing.
• Added error checking for certain Linux platforms not able to import the common.py
file properly due to Python handling of inspect command
• Added improved duration format checking for certain UPnP servers
• Fixed bug in generic UPnP displaying of photo slideshow due to missing width, height
and dates from item piclist dictionary
• Fixed bug in generic displaying of music with Gerbera UPnP servers due to improper
format of originaltrack information.

v2.2.0.4 Kodi 19+

• Added checking to ensure multiple instances of New Search would be displayed in a
Search result when a large number of search items are returned.
• Improved checking for maximum search results introduced under v2.2.0.1. Previously
there were instances where more items would be displayed than the addon setting.
• Added error checking for certain Linux platforms not able to import the common.py
file properly due to Python handling of inspect command
• Added improved duration format checking for certain UPnP servers
• New addon view setting to enable displaying of photos with generic UPnP servers
• Fixed bug in generic UPnP displaying of photo slideshow due to missing width, height
and dates from item piclist dictionary
• Fixed bug in generic displaying of music with Gerbera UPnP servers due to improper
format of originaltrack information.

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher) and automatic updates
are enabled this update will be automatic over the next 24 hrs. Otherwise please
use the links below for manual installation.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 18 version is based upon the
latest Kodi 19 v2.2.0.4 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use
the addon to play music from Mezzmo ? Also I am interested in whether folks would like the option to
sync live channels to Kodi in native mode. They would have to be added as a movie entry in the Kodi
database since live streams don't have a their own Kodi database. For now they are available in GUI
mode within the Mezzmo Kodi addon where you can vie them right from the Mezzmo server.

You feedback is used to help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff

Visit the Mezzmo Kodi addon Wiki for the latest
An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.23) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
version has a fix and a yt-dlp.exe update.

v0.0.23 fixes and features:
• Fixed bug where Clean Files command was only checking .mp4 trailer files and not .mkv trailer files.
• Updated yt-dlp.exe to eliminate Android warning messages

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.23 can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and the Mezzmo GUI and server service need
to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database. This is a protection mechanism to ensure just one application is writing
to the Mezzmo database at a time.

The release notes for the various releases can be found here.

I added a couple of Wiki pages with step-by step instructions and screenshots on how to use the Mezzmo Trailer Checker with Mezzmo to automatically
add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I have begun a FAQ Wiki page (Frequently Asked Questions) with
some of the most common questions related to running the tool with Mezzmo. The FAQ has a number of Kodi specific questions.

The tool has been working very well for me, especially since the fixes in v0.0.3. I find myself watching more movies in my Mezzmo / Kodi library due to the
the Mezzmo Movie Previews feature and local trailers I have Mezzmo Movie Previews set to 3 previews. Now I get 3 random trailers from the release year
of the movie which haven't been watched in my library, then the main movie starts. It's an almost movie theater-like experience..

Questions and feedback are welcome.

Jeff

Mezzmo Trailer Checker wiki page
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mezzmo Kodi addon UPnP/DLNA Library Sharing Support Thread0