[split] Feature Request - Video trailers for artists
Finally Smile Hurray, can't wait to try it out.
@black_eagle
@zag

Many thanks for your hard work in this new feature! I really think that many users will love it. I don’t know when a nightly build (windows 64) will be available to test it…
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@manfeed

Included here

https://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/windo...er-x64.exe

You need to use the script update, version 1.0.2, was change the YouTube video URL format, need to run the script to update database URLs again, here the new addon version here

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I can't get any image using ListItem.Art(videothumb), has the name changed?

Edit: I saw that the ListItem's name hasn't changed, but it doesn't work no matter what I tried... The links to the videos do get added, though...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@manfeed

Yes, don´t have changes, here is what I found in the addon description

script.videolinks
This Kodi script matches songs in your music library with video information from theAudioDB and stores the links (usually YouTube links) in the music database. This means you can not only play the version of the song you have in your local library, you can also play the song video. Please note that the actual videos are not downloaded, just the links to them.

This software is provided under the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

Users
This script requires skin support and a working YouTube plugin. It also requires that your music files have been tagged with musicbrainz ID's, at the very least the artist and track MBIDs. The scanner can work to a certain degree without track MBIDs but it won't work at all without artist MBIDs.

Skinners
Scraped video links can be found in ListItem.SongVideoURL and any associated art in ListItem.Art(videothumb)

The script can be called from the addons section in which case it will process all artists, or it can be passed an artist ID in which case it will just process that artist. It's therefore possible to skin a button on the artistinfo dialog to fetch video links for that particular artist using RunScript(script.videolinks,$INFO[ListItem.DBID]) in the onclick method.

Do you have a log to share?
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Yes, I’m aware of that, thanks. In the readme of script.videolinks in github…

https://github.com/the-black-eagle/scrip...nks#readme

…says “Scraped video links can be found in ListItem.SongVideoURL and any associated art in ListItem.Art(videothumb)”.

I think that @black_eagle will have to look at it, since Listem.Art(videothumb) doesn’t work anymore.
@manfeed Sorry for the delay, this is now fixed.  See https://github.com/the-black-eagle/scrip...s/releases
Quote:I can't get any image using ListItem.Art(videothumb), has the name changed?

No, it was an issue with the formatting of the json string passed from the addon to Kodi. Core didn't complain about it, just ignored the art part. So yes,
xml:
ListItem.Art(videothumb)
is correct.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@black_eagle

I can confirm that now it works very well, thanks!
Please, would it be possible that this wonderful addon was available through the official Kodi repo soon? Thanks!
(2024-02-02, 22:42)manfeed Wrote: Please, would it be possible that this wonderful addon was available through the official Kodi repo soon? Thanks!

You shouldn't need it.  If your generic artist scraper is up to date (1.0.18) then refreshing an artist or scraping a new artist should fetch any videolinks. PR
I don’t usually use Generic Artist scraper, since I have my information in nfo files, so whenever I need to import my library again it’s faster. For me and the ones that use this same method it’s very important to run this addon afterward to get the videolinks. Thanks!
Hi,

sounds like a brilliant idea. so I tried to use the script and installed v1.0.3 and I am using kodi nexus 20.2.0 with windows 11. So I go to the addon page and I chose run then it starts but as soon as it reaches "Searching 3 Doors Down" the app stops and notification says there is an error

here is the error https://paste.kodi.tv/luqidawuja

any idea what went wrong ?

nordicguy
(2024-02-03, 10:10)manfeed Wrote: since I have my information in nfo files

If you re-export your nfo files once you scraped your videolinks the links will be in the new nfo files and able to be re-imported at any time.
(2024-02-03, 11:59)nordicguy Wrote: any idea what went wrong ?

I'll take a look!

~~~EDIT~~~

So, that error is caused because for whatever reason, Kodi hasn't been able to update the music library.  In fact, if the script had continued on to the next line, it would have displayed a message and quit anyway.....

I'll do some testing and see if I can reproduce it here.
(2024-02-03, 11:59)nordicguy Wrote: Hi,

sounds like a brilliant idea. so I tried to use the script and installed v1.0.3 and I am using kodi nexus 20.2.0 with windows 11. So I go to the addon page and I chose run then it starts but as soon as it reaches "Searching 3 Doors Down" the app stops and notification says there is an error

here is the error https://paste.kodi.tv/luqidawuja

any idea what went wrong ?

nordicguy
You say your trying it on Nexus, but I think it only works on Omega, isn’t it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Feature Request - Video trailers for artists0