Troubleshooting Mariadb pegged CPU
I've started experiencing an issue with my centralized media DB and I'm not really sure how to begin troubleshooting it.  This is the 3rd time I've had this happen in the last couple of months, and each previous time I simply dropped the db and started fresh.  I'd really love to understand what is causing it and fix it instead Smile.  Here are the symptoms:

Launch Kodi
"Recently added Episodes" spins, never showing the recently added shows
The rest of the items in the main menu loads, but is a bit sluggish it initially load
Gracefully exiting Kodi hangs 100% of the time and needs force closed.

MariaDB running on networked Windows 10 VM: has the CPU pinned anywhere between 15-40% and will remain this way until I restart the service.  As soon as Kodi is opened, the CPU spikes again.

Any direction on how to start troubleshooting would be significantly appreciated!
What hardware is the MariaDB server running on?
It is running on a Windows 10 vm.
(2022-02-21, 20:31)mrdally204 Wrote: It is running on a Windows 10 vm.

That's not really a hardware description, and also not much info other than the 4 symptoms. Who knows what else is running in the VM or the host machine: a enthusiastic virus scanner working in the back? Perhaps you ended up assigning not enough memory to the VM instance?

But since your VM seem to run okay for months at a time, I suggest you keep an eye on MariaDB's own logs. Perhaps there is a clue in there on the mishaps.
@Klojum   I apologize for the limited response.  For whatever reason, I read that message as wanting to know the environment as opposed to the specs.  No clue how the mind translated that.

Windows 10
Core i7 3770 CPU, with "7 virtual processors" dedicated to the vm
9gm ram
500gb SSD
All other processes in task manager are within normal operating ranges in terms of resource utilization
Kodi is the only client that is utilizing the DB.

Another thing that seems worth noting is when I run Kodi on multiple TVs, the CPU usage increases it's pegged state.  It seems to move in 15% increments and mysqld.exe is now sitting at ~75% as I'm looking at it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Troubleshooting Mariadb pegged CPU0