Android 11 A95X F4 Box passthrough only works when 2.0 channels selected
(2022-03-18, 13:54)kobojo Wrote: Please can someone clarify if I leave it as 2.0 channels with passthrough enabled will this affect My 7.1 setup or will it upmix even though i have turned this off

When you select Number of channels => 2.0 with passthrough enabled Kodi will not do anything with the sound, it just passes audio tracks to TV/AV/SoundBar, and lets them do needed audio processing. This is so ONLY for 2.0 selection!
So if the video file is for dts 7.1 channels and i have 2.0 channels selected in kodi it will take priority of the channels from the video file and pass it through to the receiver
is this correct
please confirm 
thanks
Number of channels has no effect when using passthrough.
(2022-03-18, 17:39)kobojo Wrote: So if the video file is for dts 7.1 channels and i have 2.0 channels selected in kodi it will take priority of the channels from the video file and pass it through to the receiver
is this correct
please confirm 
thanks

Look at this 2.0 number, which is giving you (and many others) such understanding problems, as it's just a shortcut which in fact means that all row audio data in the file will be sent to output without any change/intervention from Kodi.
Actual number of channels that your AV receiver will then receive from Kodi, when 2.0 passthrough is selected, will be all channels contained in file's raw data, be it 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or any other number of channels.
(2022-03-18, 18:16)Sholander Wrote:
(2022-03-18, 17:39)kobojo Wrote: So if the video file is for dts 7.1 channels and i have 2.0 channels selected in kodi it will take priority of the channels from the video file and pass it through to the receiver
is this correct
please confirm 
thanks

Look at this 2.0 number, which is giving you (and many others) such understanding problems, as it's just a shortcut which in fact means that all row audio data in the file will be sent to output without any change/intervention from Kodi.
Actual number of channels that your AV receiver will then receive from Kodi, when 2.0 passthrough is selected, will be all channels contained in file's raw data, be it 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or any other number of channels.
Thanks for reply but why in old android did it work when selecting 7.1 channels but not in new android
(2022-03-18, 14:01)Hitcher Wrote: Have you enabled these options?

The settings are all enabled My default 
I cant toggle them off 
They are enabled and greyed out
(2022-03-18, 20:53)kobojo Wrote: Thanks for reply but why in old android did it work when selecting 7.1 channels but not in new android

Yeah.., why did some things work in Win7 and don't in Win10? I don't know, and don't care much... Huh
So can kodi team confirm that I need to put 2.0 channels for 7.1 system
Thanks
Please
Thanks so much
(2022-03-18, 17:46)Hitcher Wrote: Number of channels has no effect when using passthrough.
According to the log your box on the current firmware does not support TrueHD. With that being the case if you play something with TrueHD then it will be decoded to PCM. The Number of Channels setting governs how PCM audio is treated, so if you want 7.1 from TrueHD 7.1 then Number of Channels needs to be set to 7.1 in order to get Multichannel PCM 7.1 out. This is possibly what is correctly happening and why you see Multi In PCM on AVR.
(2022-03-19, 16:56)jjd-uk Wrote: According to the log your box on the current firmware does not support TrueHD. With that being the case if you play something with TrueHD then it will be decoded to PCM. The Number of Channels setting governs how PCM audio is treated, so if you want 7.1 from TrueHD 7.1 then Number of Channels needs to be set to 7.1 in order to get Multichannel PCM 7.1 out. This is possibly what is correctly happening and why you see Multi In PCM on AVR.

It is happening with any Dolby source when 7.1 channels are selected but when I select 2.0 channels everything works even truehd
what is the right setting 2.0 channels for passthrough or 7.1 channels
I'm confused
The channels settings should have zero effect on passthrough, if it is then something very strange is going on with your box.
(2022-03-19, 18:16)jjd-uk Wrote: The channels settings should have zero effect on passthrough, if it is then something very strange is going on with your box.
When I select 2.0 channels it is working fine 
when i select 7.1 channels i only get multi ch and pcm

which channels setting should i set to for a 7.1 system
I don't know as what you are describing makes no sense and suggests that the box firmware is crap since it appears to be doing something it shouldn't, since obviously a 7.1 setup should work when selecting 7.1 in Kodi.

If it's not operating correctly in 7.1 then selecting 2.0 will mean you lose Multichannel PCM which is required for 7.1 AAC or 7.1 Flac, however you can workaround that by selecting the transcode to dolby digital option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android 11 A95X F4 Box passthrough only works when 2.0 channels selected0