TV Shows not showing up in TV Shows area at all unless I click "Files"
I have recently renamed all of my "Movies" and placed them on a USB 1TB Hard Drive which I move from my laptop to my desktop and then I deleted all the movies from my laptop. Then I made a folder "TV Shows" on the same drive and used "Rename My TV Series" to rename the "TV Shows" and the style of renaming didn't work at first I needed to change it from "Charmed - 1x02 pilot" to "Charmed (2018) s01e01 - Pilot". I have only renamed one shoe and one season so far to make sure it is correct.

So the scanning works and reaches 100% but then the show still dose not show up on "TV Shows" area.

Movies are fine I even organized the drive like this "Movies" and then there are a few folders inside the "Movies" folder like this:

Movies (1980's), Movies (1990's), Movies (2000's), Movies (2010's), Movies (2020's) and then there is a folder called (Animated Movies) from all different years.

And then inside the "TV Shows" it looks like this "TV Shows" and then the name of the shows and then the name of each season inside the shows.

Example: Charmed (2018) > Season 1 and then up to (3) and that is it.

So to test out the way the TV Shows look I just add the 1 season of Charmed (2018) to the Videos folder on my main C: and then tried to add it to the "Kodi" to see if it would show up on "TV Shows" and nope.

This is what I see "Movies" Categories, Recently Added Movies, Unwatched Movies, Random Movies, Genres, Movie Sets. All titles are correct and all looks good.

TV Shows "Your library is currently empty. In order to populate it with your personal media, enter "Files" section, add a media source and configure it. After the source has been added and indexed you will be able to browse your library.

So here is what I did:
Click "Enter Files Section" I see "Charmed (2018), Movies, Add Videos
I click add videos.
And then I click on charmed (2018) and then after just one click I see "TV Shows / Charmed (2018) Sort by: Name 1/1 Season 1 no information available. Options .. Season 1 White Large Folder.

I click once more and see TV Show / Season 1 Sort by: Name . 1/22 Charmed (2018) - s01e01 - Pilot.mp4 and then there are the other 21 episodes in the list. But this dose not show up on the "TV Show" area I need to enter the "Files" area to see any of this.

What am I doing wrong.

I just deleted the "Charmed (2018)" and re added it and still the same problem.

Nothing shows up in "TV Shows".

Plus when I click on "Movies" I see this Movies / Titles Sort by: Title . 0/363 which means I have 363 movies added to movies. When I click on TV Shows I get this. Videos Sort by: Name 1/3 which are Charmed (2018) Movies and add Videos. Clicking on Charmed (2018) is the only way I can see anything.
(2022-03-18, 01:45)Dawnb Wrote: Click "Enter Files Section" I see "Charmed (2018), Movies, Add Videos
I am a little confused by this. What you should see is your list of Sources, not your tv show directly. You should see a Source for "TV Shows" and for "Movies" if you have added them. The actual tv show is not a source.
I have a feeling you may have set up your tv show or your source incorrectly.
Could you please check this guide here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
Skip steps 3 & 5 in the table of contents box.

If that doesn't help then you will need to provide a Debug Log that captures the scraping of the show and we should be able to tell what the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It's a little hard to follow, but you should have a folder (any name) that will be a tv show source folder (what you assign as a source with content tv shows in Kodi).  That folder MUST contain subfolders, 1 for each separate show.  The name of the subfolder MUST match what the scraper can find online OR you can place a file named "tvshow.nfo" within the subfolder; that file is setup as shown in the wiki.  Episode file names in those subfolders (OR child subfolders of them) MUST be named to match the subfolder name plus the appropriate season/episode info as explained in the wiki.

scott s.
(2022-03-18, 01:55)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-03-18, 01:45)Dawnb Wrote: Click "Enter Files Section" I see "Charmed (2018), Movies, Add Videos
I am a little confused by this. What you should see is your list of Sources, not your tv show directly. You should see a Source for "TV Shows" and for "Movies" if you have added them. The actual tv show is not a source.
I have a feeling you may have set up your tv show or your source incorrectly.
Could you please check this guide here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
Skip steps 3 & 5 in the table of contents box.

If that doesn't help then you will need to provide a Debug Log that captures the scraping of the show and we should be able to tell what the problem is.
I think I fixed it. I created a new folder titled "TV Shows" and I moved the "Charmed (2018)" into it and it shows up fine now. I just needed it into a "TV Show" folder. Now when I go to TV Shows area on kodi I see Charmed 0/22 and then the background is a Charmed background. And all the episodes have descriptions. This looks great.

So at least now I know what I have to do.

I plan to rename all of my "TV Shows" tomorrow with the same style of "Titles" instead of "Charmed 2018 - 1x01 Pilot.mp4" it is now like this "Charmed (2018) s1e01 - Pilot.mp4" which is the correct way to for kodi to read the files I guess. And then I will just need to remove the source and make a new source from the USB external Hard Drive. So now I know what the problem was and howto keep it from happening again. The Create_Video_Library guide helped.

The problem was I thought since there was just 1 TV Show it did not need to be put in a "TV Shows" folder which is where I messed up. Adding it to the folder called "TV Shows" fixed it. So now all I need to do is rename all my TV Shows and place them into a main folder called "TV Shows" and then add them as a source.
(2022-03-18, 07:02)Dawnb Wrote: I think I fixed it. I created a new folder titled "TV Shows" and I moved the "Charmed (2018)" into it and it shows up fine now. I just needed it into a "TV Show" folder.
That's it. Great that you fixed it.
I take it this is the first time setting up Kodi?

Do you have a large library? Are you finicky with your library setup? Let me give you a couple of pointers...
1. Install Artwork Dump... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078
This will download the original artwork during the scraping process and save it next to your movie, tv show and episodes.
Consider this a backup and this will help when you need to rebuild your library in future.

2. After you scrape your library and adjusted the metadata to your liking, run an Export to separate files to preserve those changes.
Consider this a backup and this will help when you need to rebuild your library in future.

Check out My Signature below for some useful wiki pages. Other pages that might be of interest...
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_management
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows not showing up in TV Shows area at all unless I click "Files"0