Req Does anyone have a guide for setting up a "senior friendly" Kodi instance for parents
Hi Folks!

I recently installed LibreElec/Kodi on a Pi4 box in an Argone1 case with a 1Tb SSD and the Argone IR remote. I've got that all working and it looks neat. 👍😁 

That said, I am hoping to change this setup to be a very simplified Movie/TV Show player for my dad (he's 80).  I need all the complexity stripped out so he may:
  1. Use the remote to just select a show to play it
  2. Have all the settings/config menus "hidden" so he doesn't end up inadvertently "breaking" something
He plans to use it while traveling so I won't be around to diagnose/fix stuff or guide him.

want to see if I can make the UI as simple as possible e.g. a "Movies" item and "TV Shows" item and, in in each one of those, just a simple list of the movies / shows he can play.

Can anyone point me to a guide where this has been done..?
very simplified Movie/TV Show player for my dad (he's 80).  I need all the complexity stripped out  depending on the number of movies /tv
i would recommend one of the skins that support skinshortcuts  (this is my skin https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366160) but there are others that should work like this 
ImageImage
ImageImage
Thanks so much for this guide! 👍😁 I'll be experimenting with it today and see if I can get similar results. 😃
Pick a skin that allows you to customize the home screen. You can then remove all the bloat.

For example, my home screen only has two options: Series and Films. Once I make a selection, each has 3 categories: Animated, Anime, Live-Action. From there it's just the library view. That's it, no genres/actors/studios or any of that bloat that I don't find useful.

It is simple enough for anyone to get going while still providing the seperation I enjoy. I use the add-on Library Node Editor to make this custom hierarchy. All the complex settings and configurations are hidden away where only I'll see them.

Aeon MQ is what I used for years, recently switched to the Aura skin and am enjoying that too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does anyone have a guide for setting up a "senior friendly" Kodi instance for parents0