Lazy TV Alternative
Today I updated to kodi 19. Everything is okay so far except lazy tv isn’t working anymore and it doesn’t look like the dev is still working on it. Last update was years ago. I really liked lazy tv and would really miss it. Does anyone know of a similar add-on that is working on the latest version of kodi?

For anyone that doesn’t know this add-on you basically give it a smart playlist that contains certain tv shows and lazy tv creates and plays a temporary playlist populated with the oldest unplayed episodes from that shows. So for example your smart playlist has King of Queens and Scrubs in it. You watched King of Queens until episode 2x05 and Scrubs until 3x02 then lazy tv would play KoQ 2x06, then Scrubs 3x03, then KoQ 2x07, Scrubs 3x04 and so on. You can clone lazy tv and point every clone to a different smart playlist and add them to the main menu. This way you can basically mimic tv stations.
(2022-05-11, 16:42)Kincaid Wrote: Today I updated to kodi 19. Everything is okay so far except lazy tv isn’t working anymore and it doesn’t look like the dev is still working on it. Last update was years ago. I really liked lazy tv and would really miss it. Does anyone know of a similar add-on that is working on the latest version of kodi?

For anyone that doesn’t know this add-on you basically give it a smart playlist that contains certain tv shows and lazy tv creates and plays a temporary playlist populated with the oldest unplayed episodes from that shows. So for example your smart playlist has King of Queens and Scrubs in it. You watched King of Queens until episode 2x05 and Scrubs until 3x02 then lazy tv would play KoQ 2x06, then Scrubs 3x03, then KoQ 2x07, Scrubs 3x04 and so on. You can clone lazy tv and point every clone to a different smart playlist and add them to the main menu. This way you can basically mimic tv stations.

PseudoTV Live
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
This looks very promising but, not exactly what I'm looking for. First of all it plays 3,5 hours before switching to another show, not really what I'm looking for. I'd like to have 1 or 2 episodes or 1 hour of a single show, then switching to the next. Second is it seems to play random episodes instead of the first unwatched. It's hard to tell exactly which episode it played because it shows only the synopsis but not the title and the season/episode number (another feature request), but searching for the synopsis I found it's 3x06 and the one after that wasn't 3x07. The first unwatched episode in this case was 1x01.

As far as I understand these are things that can be done with advanced channel rules but they are not implemented yet, is this correct?
(2022-05-11, 23:14)Kincaid Wrote: This looks very promising but, not exactly what I'm looking for. First of all it plays 3,5 hours before switching to another show, not really what I'm looking for. I'd like to have 1 or 2 episodes or 1 hour of a single show, then switching to the next. Second is it seems to play random episodes instead of the first unwatched. It's hard to tell exactly which episode it played because it shows only the synopsis but not the title and the season/episode number (another feature request), but searching for the synopsis I found it's 3x06 and the one after that wasn't 3x07. The first unwatched episode in this case was 1x01.

As far as I understand these are things that can be done with advanced channel rules but they are not implemented yet, is this correct?

Not sure what you mean, PseudoTV Live creates channels based on your rules, playlists, nodes, etc.

If you want unwatched TV, create an unwatched episode playlist and channel for it....

Yes, Advanced rules are pending... however from what I remember of lazyTV features; There is no feature that PseudoTV Live can't currently replicate.

Best of luck...
The smart playlists only contain unwatched episodes. But pseudo tv isn't playing the first unwatched episode, it plays a random unwatched episode. And it's not playing them in order. And too many of a single show after another before switching to another show.

I set up channels through auto tune and here it switches the show after every episode and plays the epsiodes in order but it disrespects the watched state and I don't have much power over what a channel contains. For example Comedy TV has every show of the genre comedy but I'd like to seperate sitcoms from animated shows which I could do with smart playlists.
(2022-05-11, 23:51)Kincaid Wrote: The smart playlists only contain unwatched episodes. But pseudo tv isn't playing the first unwatched episode, it plays a random unwatched episode. And it's not playing them in order. And too many of a single show after another before switching to another show.

I set up channels through auto tune and here it switches the show after every episode and plays the epsiodes in order but it disrespects the watched state and I don't have much power over what a channel contains. For example Comedy TV has every show of the genre comedy but I'd like to seperate sitcoms from animated shows which I could do with smart playlists.

Auto-tuned channels are not "Custom Channels"; if you'd like to dictate what is played and how a channel is ordered you'll need to use a custom smartplaylist or node.
I know. What I'm saying is with auto tune I get one half of the features I'm looking for and with smart playlists I get the other half. So neither really fits my needs, populating auto tune from a smart playlist seems like it would do what I'm looking for.

I'm experimenting with different settings for the smart playlist right now to see if I get something I can work with, but it takes a lot of time. Updating channels is extremely slow on the fire tv.

Edit: I did some testing and I can't get a result I'm happy with. Setting the type of the smart playlist to Shows doesn't work, pseudo tv plays 2 hours of one show before switching to the next. Type Episode and sorting by episode is the best I can get, at least now it plays only 1 or 2 episodes of one show and then 1 or 2 of another. Problem is, even though there are episodes from at least 6 different shows in that playlist it alternates between two shows for seven hours before it adds 2 more for 2 hours and then the list ends. The other shows never appear. And for some reason it starts the first two shows at 1x17 even though 1x01 to 1x16 are unwatched. The other shows show when the first two reach 2x01 but for one of the two season 1 is completely unwatched. The other shows that don't show up only have one season and are completely unwatched.

I don't get how this add-on works. It takes the episodes from the smart playlist but shows them in a different order and I can't tell how it is sorting them. It doesn't play them randomly but it also doesn't start at the beginning and it skips some shows completely and other shows partly. It tries not to show a season 2 of any show as long as there are episodes from season 1 left from a show it decided not to ignore but even that is inconsistent because for one show it ignored the unwatch season 1 completely. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lazy TV Alternative0