PIP Feature
It would be interesting if KODI have the aviability to show a second small window to show other addon output.

its usefull when you are watching a film and waiting for a tv show starts, occasionally view in a small window if the tv show starts.
search the forums for PIP aka picture in picture
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I know this feature has already been requested, but it was 3 years ago and still not considered.
I am still missing this incredible feature, which is not only a PVR oriented feature.
And obviously it could be done, as some other home theater app already have this feature available.
I think is not exactly the same but its valid.

Thanks bry!!!
I just merged the two threads which where asking for the very same thing. And the answer is still the same like all the other times it's been asked: Yes it would be nice but the internal architecture of Kodi doesn't allow this atm. It might be added in future, but it requires major changes, so not an easy job to do.
There is a plugin that shows a window of a security cam so to put a overlay window with anything is doable the problem is the work needed for full integration in pvr.
There's no substitute for experience
It's not possible with native core controls because in core there can only be ONE player at a time right now (that's what I've been told or read).
I get that and you speak for full player but a pip window don't need full player just a stream link direct to it from the pvr backend.. am i wrong?
(2015-01-24, 21:32)bluechris Wrote: I get that and you speak for full player but a pip window don't need full player just a stream link direct to it from the pvr backend.. am i wrong?

Currently we can only do one hardware accelerated stream, any other will be software and that's where the problem cones in. Low powered devices can't probably cope with doing that at the same time.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Got it and you are right thx, im able to do that because im with an i7
the thing about PIP is that you most likely want to switch between pictures - so core needs to be able to handle this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PIP Feature1