Release The Chosen
This unofficial add-on allows watching of episodes of "The Chosen" show directly in kodi.  "Bonus" videos from the site are also watchable.

Source
https://github.com/b-pass/plugin.video.the-chosen

Zip File Download
Download this and provide it to Kodi as "Install from Zip File"
https://github.com/b-pass/plugin.video.t...-0.4.0.zip

Notes
If you have any issues, report them on github: https://github.com/b-pass/plugin.video.t...sen/issues
@thebpass

Here's another fine addon from thebpass that I found while checking out BYUtv.  Working for me on Kodi 20.1/Win 7

A couple of videos in the Bonus section wouldn't open (got the wheel spinning and title in the top right corner) and they wouldn't time out forcing me to restart Kodi.  Went back and they did play after restart.  Otherwise everything ok.

I was going to start a thread but did a search and found the thread.  This addon was created before I knew of this phenomenal series and the popular movement around it. 

Thanks again.
@thebpass
While playing some of the episodes I found out they were not in English, unlike the BYUtv episodes.  Can this be fixed, thanks
(2023-04-02, 16:34)barney63 Wrote: @thebpass
While playing some of the episodes I found out they were not in English, unlike the BYUtv episodes.  Can this be fixed, thanks
Issue solved thanks to thebpass

"The addon does not have its own language settings, it uses Kodi's language settings which you can view in "Settings" > "Player" > "Language" > "Preferred Audio Language". Can you confirm you have that set to English? Do you have "Prefer default audio streams" checked or unchecked? (I am not sure if the default streams setting matters in this case.)

There is also an audio options menu you can access while video is playing, but how you get to it varies by which platform and interface device (keyboard, mouse, remote, gamepad) that you're using."
I am running LibreELEC 10.0.4/Kodi 19.5 on a Pi4. I installed this addon but there are no videos listed when I select the menu items for Seasons 1, 2, or 3, I just get a blank screen. The only videos that are listed are under the 'bonus videos' menu item. The videos under that menu item play fine. Any help would be appreciated in getting it to display the season videos.
I just posted an issue in GitHUB.  Please review.
Fixed in v0.2.0 which is now available on github.  They changed domains for their API.

Thanks for reporting it!
(2023-05-07, 05:25)thebpass Wrote: Fixed in v0.2.0 which is now available on github.  They changed domains for their API.

Thanks for reporting it!

Thank you for the fix.  However, I don't see any content.  I see three seasons and bonus material.  I do see videos in the bonus folder, but nothing in the Season's folders.

Thank you
Hmm, it's definitely working for me on 20.1. 
What kodi version are you using?  What skin?  Is there anything in the kodi.log about this addon?
@thebpass

I am seeing all the content in the three seasons and bonus material (Kodi 20.1/Win7) so all is good there for me.

My issue is, as before, in the bonus material section. If you click on a video, and if it doesn't find (or play) it right away it will keep going (searching?) and not stop.  The wheel icon keeps spinning and you can't click on another selection to either play it or stop the previous one.  You have to restart Kodi.  Hope that makes sense.
(2023-05-09, 23:30)barney63 Wrote: My issue is, as before, in the bonus material section. If you click on a video, and if it doesn't find (or play) it right away it will keep going (searching?) and not stop.  The wheel icon keeps spinning and you can't click on another selection to either play it or stop the previous one.  You have to restart Kodi.  Hope that makes sense.
Unfortunately I think this is outside the plugin and it's up to kodi (inputstream adaptive) at that point.  The plugin just tells it where to find the video, and kodi takes it from there.  I haven't ever seen it hang forever though... if it has a problem it comes back after 30 seconds.

Is there anything in the kodi log when this happens?
The Chosen addon has been updated to 0.3.0 to fix a check the log error and is working again
The Chosen addon has been updated to 0.4.0.  This version may be required in order to watch season 4, which is expected to be released in the next month or two.  It also includes access to more bonus content and extras.
Thanks for the headsup and the addon for this great series
Thanks for the add-on, been a fan of this show since the beginning!
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Chosen0