v19 Kodi hangs on Exit/Shutdown
The last few versions of Kodi have done this to me for various reasons over the years, most notably are items like Library Scans causing it to hang.
Except lately... I've done a completely fresh install because of an (unrelated) Jellyfin issue. On the new install, nothing done at all, it still hangs on Exit which then pops up saying it is no longer responding and needs to be forced closed. This continues even after changing a few settings but still not installing any add-ons or media sources. While the logs show only about one minute from opening Kodi I've also left it idle for 10 minutes and it does the same.

Intel Celeron J4105, 8GBs of RAM, 120GB NVMe drive.
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809
Kodi v19.4, downloaded and installed today.

I've included two logs:
This one is without even signing into a user and exiting at the profile select screen;
https://paste.kodi.tv/focadihifi.kodi
This one is signing into the default user (can we please not call it Master anymore?) and giving it a minute before trying to exit again;
https://paste.kodi.tv/cixesurite.kodi
FTL: Waiting for network services to stop

go into system>add-ons>services>version check and under configure, disable it and see what does for you. Something is called and Kodi waits for some non existent return.
This bug still exists.
I tried disabling the Version check addon, but KODI still freezes on Exit.
Then include link to your log, in debug mode, on paste.kodi.tv please.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you, CrystalP.
Here is the log: qucuzorada.kodi (paste)
Nothing pops out for me as waiting for something on close.
You'll have to do this the hard way and either remove configurations / addons one by one to see when it hang stops (make a backup first)
Or go the other way from a clean portable install for example and add little by little.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hanging on exit is almost always due to an open thread created by a plugin.

If a fresh install (No plugins) doesn't hang, install plugins one at a time to find your culprit.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I've used "procmon" on windows in the past, and it's always threads are still running.

scott s.
This is still happening with v21, ffs...
(2024-04-26, 03:26)fede01_8 Wrote: This is still happening with v21, ffs...
There is some addon holding up the shut down.
Provide a Debug Log that captures the shut down. Let it shut down. Walk away for 10 minutes then come back.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-26, 03:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-26, 03:26)fede01_8 Wrote: This is still happening with v21, ffs...
There is some addon holding up the shut down.
Provide a Debug Log that captures the shut down. Let it shut down. Walk away for 10 minutes then come back.

The program never shuts down. You have to kill the process.

Here's the log
Need the full log, not an extract.
And post to Kodi Paste Site thanks.

Which skin are you using? Can you switch back to Estuary and see whether it still hangs on shutdown?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This is still happening

(2023-12-11, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote: Hanging on exit is almost always due to an open thread created by a plugin.

So, is it like that super difficult to kill the plugins on exit? Or having able to configure a N seconds wait before force quitting? Or option to force quit?

This is absolutely a Kodi design flaw. Considering the Kodi's very basic concept at heart is that it's built from plugins, and there is no safe catch mechanism to handle a plugin that hangs.
(3 hours ago)miremi9117 Wrote: is it like that super difficult to kill the plugins on exit?
Once the code handover comes to 3rd party code, you're in the hands of some foreign power.. it could launch ICBM's or just not hand back command & control. Most good programmers know how to close on timeout. Need the full log, not an extract.

Note my signature link to 'Caution: add-ons you install' good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi hangs on Exit/Shutdown0