• 14(current)
[RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin
(2017-01-20, 18:28)morty420 Wrote: There exists a problem with the latest Ted Talks 4.2.10 release.

It seems the full name of the plugin has changed. Previous releases had the name "plugin.video.ted.talks". The new 4.2.10 has the last period changed to a dash character "plugin.video.ted-talks".

I noticed this on Jan 17th. The auto-update failed, and when I checked the logs I noticed the 404 error code (which I know is a not found error) when trying to download the 4.2.10 release. This is because it was looking for the 4.2.10 release in the "plugin.video.ted.talks" directory. If you look at the http server, I see there was a new "plugin.video.ted-talks" directory created on Jan 17th, and inside there is the 4.2.10 release.

Question: Was this done in error, or is there a new name for the ted talks addon? I believe the rename is broke auto-update.

Well that's, um, bad.

I renamed the folder to align with the other projects in the new repository. I did not realize that the folder name and the addon id (which I did not change) were expected to match.

I'll make enquiries and get it fixed, thanks.

(2017-01-20, 18:28)morty420 Wrote: NOTE: I posted this same thing over at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2505258 as I thought it was the correct place to post problems about the addon. But searching for "ted talks" on the forums I found this thread.

No idea about that thread. The best for me is to raise an issue or pull request against the github repo.
Should be fix now already.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-01-20, 22:00)moreginger Wrote: I'll make enquiries and get it fixed, thanks.

Looks like Martijn already fixed it: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/com...5f396d952f
(2017-01-20, 22:03)Martijn Wrote: Should be fix now already.

Aw man, I can't even get my reply in first! Smile
@moreginger i left some comments on your github
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there a way to connect to my Ted.com account?
(2017-05-02, 20:09)sausageman Wrote: Is there a way to connect to my Ted.com account?

No I'm afraid not. It used to be possible but I never updated it when they moved to an OAuth-based system.

Before anyone writes a patch... I don't think TED would approve of it, so I'm not sure I want this functionality in.
Version 4.2.11 (Skipmode A1: It seems the developer moreginger isn't active anymore :/. Therefore i made this version.)
Fixed video playback (json changed in website)
Fixed subtitles (json changed in website)
Fixed thumbnails (resizeImage method fubared the thumbs)
Changed icon

Version 4.2.10
Correct media type for items (pull#61 thanks to phil65)
Keep default context menu items (issue#62)
(2017-06-29, 05:41)Skipmode A1 Wrote: Version 4.2.11 (Skipmode A1: It seems the developer moreginger isn't active anymore :/. Therefore i made this version.)
Fixed video playback (json changed in website)
Fixed subtitles (json changed in website)
Fixed thumbnails (resizeImage method fubared the thumbs)
Changed icon

Version 4.2.10
Correct media type for items (pull#61 thanks to phil65)
Keep default context menu items (issue#62)

Hi, thanks for fixing this.

Been busy lately. I haven't officially retired and I'm still interested, but if you want to take it forward and have time then it might make sense for you to take control.

I don't understand where these changes have been made. There's no obvious fork of the source repo or changes in https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/
What am I missing?
Hija moreginger,

I downloaded the zip from your github and put that in my github. I don't know why i didn't fork yours, but prop github was giving me a hard time or something. Anyways I altered the code in my github and made a PR from that (from https://github.com/skipmodea1/plugin.video.ted.talks).

If you wanna keep maintaining the addon, you can grab my alterations from there. If you want me to take over for now, that's fine too. Just let me know what you decide, please. Cheers.
Hello,
I hope i am not at the wrong place to post....
Since two weeks the Ted Talks dont work anymore for me.
It is the same for newest talks, speakers, topics.
I use kodi 17.3 and Ted Talks 4.2.11 on ubuntu 14.04 and raspbian.
Both have the same symptoms

Here is copy of the log from ubuntu 14.04(it has no meaning for me...):

11:23:48.207 T:2762099520 NOTICE: [PLUGIN] Initialized TED Talks v4.2.11 using Python: 2.7.6 (default, Oct 26 2016, 20:36:21)
[GCC 4.8.4]'
11:23:53.248 T:2418899776 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
11:23:53.248 T:2418899776 NOTICE: [TED Talks] resources.lib.model.fetcher attempting to open http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TEDTalks_..._to_nurses with data
11:23:53.250 T:2418899776 NOTICE: [TED Talks] loaded cookie : <Cookie _abby=Et6k0mJP3ntKg1d for .ted.com/> from /home/robert/.kodi/temp/ted-cookies.lwp
11:23:53.250 T:2418899776 NOTICE: [TED Talks] loaded cookie : <Cookie _abby_choobo=a for www.ted.com/> from /home/robert/.kodi/temp/ted-cookies.lwp
11:23:53.250 T:2418899776 NOTICE: [TED Talks] loaded cookie : <Cookie _abby_sir_search_alot=b for www.ted.com/> from /home/robert/.kodi/temp/ted-cookies.lwp
11:23:53.250 T:2418899776 NOTICE: [TED Talks] loaded cookie : <Cookie _nu=1483479159.570 for www.ted.com/> from /home/robert/.kodi/temp/ted-cookies.lwp
11:23:54.425 T:2418899776 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
for url 'http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TEDTalks_video/~3/mcRk-kF1KaQ/carolyn_jones_a_tribute_to_nurses'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/robert/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/default.py", line 23, in <module>
ted_talks.Main(args_map=args_map).run()
File "/home/robert/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks.py", line 332, in run
modes[mode].run(self.args_map)
File "/home/robert/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks.py", line 144, in run
self.run_internal(args)
File "/home/robert/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks.py", line 162, in run_internal
self.ui.playVideo(args['url'], args['icon'] if 'icon' in args else None)
File "/home/robert/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks.py", line 79, in playVideo
title, url, subs, info_labels = self.ted_talks.getVideoDetails(url=url, video_quality=settings.video_quality, subs_language=subs_language)
File "/home/robert/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks_scraper.py", line 20, in getVideoDetails
raise type(e)(e.message + "\nfor url '%s'" % (url))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
for url 'http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TEDTalks_video/~3/mcRk-kF1KaQ/carolyn_jones_a_tribute_to_nurses'
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:23:54.486 T:3001841536 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.ted.talks/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeedproxy.google.com%2F%7Er%2FTEDTalks_video%2F%7E3%2FmcRk-kF1KaQ%2Fcarolyn_jones_a_tribute_to_nurses&mode=playVideo]

Can anyone help me?
Thank you
I'm having a similar problem. The "Newest" listing hasn't updated for about 1.5 to 2 weeks and talks error out when trying to play.
It seems the website changed again, causing the addon to break once more. I sent moreginger a message about it.
(2017-07-05, 21:10)Skipmode A1 Wrote: It seems the website changed again, causing the addon to break once more. I sent moreginger a message about it.

Thanks, I'll have a look.
NOOB Alert: A few months ago this non-tech savvy member joined the the "cut the cable" bandwagon by purchasing a Fire TV box. I was able to use several Youtube videos to successfully side load Kodi and several add-ons onto my Amazon Fire-TV. I've become fairly adept at navigating thorough this strange new world of streaming video sources. While at first very intimidating, it has become easier to understand and maneuver through this arena of Youtubers, add-ons, repositories, url's, zip files, apps, providers, etc. However, I have no tech background and am therefore very limited when specific technical issues arise.

For example, I successfully located and easily downloaded Ted Talks to my Amazon Fire TV through the Kodi Add-on repository.

However, when I try to view any Ted Talk topics, the all to familiar "TED Talks ERROR check the log for more information" message pops up in the upper right corner of the screen. It disappears after several seconds, then "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message" appears.

Clicking the "OK" tab returns me to the Ted Talks page, and I am able to back out through Ted Talks to get back to the Kodi home screen.

Not intending to hiJack or dumb down this thread, but a a specific internet search landed me here. I am undoubtedly showing my lack of tech knowledge and protocol here through this next question, but Is there anyway to fix this Kodi issue to enable me to watch Ted Talks on Amazon Fire TV? For instance can I download the latest Ted Talks url through FIREDL or Downloader or ES Explorer, or do I simply need to wait for someone to post the fix of the current Ted Talks add-on, and then download the latest update from the Kodi add-on repository?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin5