Movie Titles Not Found (TMDB): How to create a NFO file correctly?
Hi,

I use TMDB for movies and also use the exact movie titles there (including year in brackets). In KODI (I use version 19.1 and don't want to update at the moment, because that would be very time-consuming with my setup) some movies are not found at all, although they are named correctly. I could list these movies, but I don't know if that is allowed here. I also always look for "alternative titles" on TMDB, but that hasn't helped either.

But I read that you can store NFO files with the same filename next to the files and KODI will then follow them. I have tried this, but have not been able to do it. I created a NFO file such as: "movietitle (2022).nfo", then stored ONLY the IMDB link in it. Did not work. Then I used the full TMDB link (full URL) instead of the IMDB link: Did not work either.

How exactly do I create the NFO file for these non-automatically found movies?

Regards
Okay, maybe it will help anyway, here are some movies that are not found:

Flatliners - Heute ist ein schöner Tag zum Sterben (1990)
Let Me In (2010)
Poltergeist (1982)
Saw (2004)
Saw II (2005)
Saw III (2006)
Saw IV (2007)
Saw V (2008)
Saw VI (2009)
Saw 3D - Vollendung (2010)
Stephen King's Es (1990)
The Ring (2002)
Triangle - Die Angst kommt in Wellen (2009)
VHS - Eine mörderische Sammlung (2012)

By the way: It doesn't matter whether I use Roman numerals or 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. in SAW. And also whether I use English or German titles. These movies are all not found, for example.
(2022-07-19, 15:53)dajana.s Wrote: How exactly do I create the NFO file for these non-automatically found movies?
https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Parsing

Also make sure you are using the correct scraper. You should be using this one on your Source... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python
And if you check section 3, there is an alternate way of searching for movies
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have discovered the addon "Missing Videos". The addon is great! It found every movie except for "IT (1990)", but that's even because IT from 1990 was a mini TV series and therefore can't be found in the "Movies" section at all. Why is the technique of "Missing Videos" not used by default? The addon found virtually every missing movie. Totally great.
@Karellen Unfortunately, it did not work out that way with the NFO. I follow every step, but it did not work. With "Missing Videos" it worked now.
(2022-07-19, 22:35)dajana.s Wrote: Unfortunately, it did not work out that way with the NFO
It works for me every single time, so I have no idea why it does not work for you.
Provide a Debug Log that captures you using the nfo file and I should be able to figure out where you are going wrong.

Missing Videos? Can you provide the link.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen Sorry, it was "Missing Movies". You can find "Missing videos" here:

Settings
Add-ons
Install from repository
Video Add-ons
"Missing Movies"
Install

And this addon finds missing movies in the library and suggests correct titles (usually only one hit, because it is directly the correct hit) and the movie is in the library.

Do you find it?
(2022-07-20, 00:34)dajana.s Wrote: Do you find it?
Yes thanks.
I am surprised as I thought that addon was removed from the repo as it has not been updated in many years. I am doubly surprised it still works in Matrix. But now that I look a bit deeper, looks like @juokelis has updated it back in early 2020
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2693885

If you want to provide a Debug Log for the nfo problem, then go ahead. But if you don't want to pursue it, no problems.
My Signature
I do not know how to create such a log. How do I do it?

Regarding "Missing Movies": Why doesn't KODI do this automatically? Apparently it works great. Why doesn't something like this generate an overview page for unidentifiable movies that you can check and define the movies more precisely? The same way Missing Movies works. Maybe in such a way that when you update the library via iOS KODI Remote App, a popup immediately appears asking for unidentifiable movies. Would surely be feasible.
One could e.g. also offer on such an overview page (only optional) that one enters e.g. when using TMDB the "slug" (is that what it's called?) of the URL of TMDB and thereby uniquely identifies the film. So for example at https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/718789-lightyear then "718789-lightyear" or at IMDB just the typical number - in the case of Lightyear "tt10298810". So in case of unidentifiable movies a selection of suspected movies is given, which you can click on (like in Missing Movies) OR you can enter the URL of TMDB or IMDB manually: Done. No more missing movies in the future.
(2022-07-20, 03:07)dajana.s Wrote: I do not know how to create such a log. How do I do it?
Debug Log

(2022-07-20, 03:07)dajana.s Wrote: Why doesn't KODI do this automatically?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Event_Log

(2022-07-20, 03:10)dajana.s Wrote: that one enters e.g. when using TMDB the "slug" (is that what it's called?) of the URL of TMDB and thereby uniquely identifies the film
I already pointed that out to you in one of my previous posts.
My Signature
(2022-07-20, 03:10)dajana.s Wrote: that one enters e.g. when using TMDB the "slug" (is that what it's called?) of the URL of TMDB and thereby uniquely identifies the film
(2022-07-20, 03:13)Karellen Wrote: I already pointed that out to you in one of my previous posts.

Just so it isn't missed again, Karellen is reffering to this https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_...hon#Search
But I'm not writing about the TV interface of KODI, but the iOS Kodi Remote App, which can also be used to clean up or update the library. I know that you can add missing movies manually by entering the IMDB name. My comments are about the KODI iOS app. I don't see why it would be a problem in iOS to specify movies not found and offer the option to select them manually. That's the point.
In that case you should be posting here https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193
Moved
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Titles Not Found (TMDB): How to create a NFO file correctly?0