How can I access my LibreELEC hardware via Windows?
Hello everybody,

I seem to remember that in the past I could easily access my Raspberry Pi or Odroid through 'Network' in Windows. The device would just appear there, but it doesn't now. I tried some settings in LibreELEC like remote control, UPnP and DLNA but it doesn't solve that (as expected).

I want to edit some XML files to edit my home menu (buttons) and create some custom content groups/video nodes. I figured the easiest way to do this was the access the Pi 4 through the network, I'm pretty sure I did it like this in the past. Can it still be done or is there another (better) way?

Thanks in advance! Smile
LibreELEC has a SSH backdoor if you want to get access to your LibreELEC device. You will need to enable it first, of course.
(2022-08-27, 18:52)Klojum Wrote: LibreELEC has a SSH backdoor if you want to get access to your LibreELEC device. You will need to enable it first, of course.
Just access it through port 22?
(2022-08-28, 00:01)Zonal Wrote:
(2022-08-27, 18:52)Klojum Wrote: LibreELEC has a SSH backdoor if you want to get access to your LibreELEC device. You will need to enable it first, of course.

Correct.  I have multiple LibreELec devices and use SSH on port 22 with all of them.  Here's a link which can help.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-08-28, 00:16)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2022-08-28, 00:01)Zonal Wrote:

Correct.  I have multiple LibreELec devices and use SSH on port 22 with all of them.  Here's a link which can help.

Jeff
Thanks, I got in! Smile

Now I want to edit some xml files to change my home screen, but I guess I have to make a separate topic for that...?
If you want to edit xml files of the default Estuary skin, then it's best to first clone the skin into a new one (also because LibreELEC's system partition is set to readonly), and copy it to the userdata/addons folder, giving it a new name. Also adapt the contents of the addon.xml file to reflect the new skin name.

If it's a different skin, then simply hack away. Although making backups first is a recommended first step.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I access my LibreELEC hardware via Windows?0