[PATCH] Auto switching refresh rate to match source framerate
BLKMGK Wrote:I would be careful about using the EDID data from the display panel. I have now had TWO of them that gave incorrect information, both from VIZIO, and the XORG file had to be hand crafted. Some receivers also do not pass this information correctly. While a wonderful idea in theory you may find that the EDID data isn't really as reliable as it should be Angry

This is true - I had to return a LG LCD 3 times to the factory as it lied on the EDID. Also the 'technical' staff didn't have a clue about it, I knew more about the problem than them, they just receive new firmware every so often from Korea and install it. It's a problem with lots of TVs.

That said - most TVs get it right, so it's worth using. If the EDID is wrong then it's a TV and X issue, not an XBMC one, so the option to turn off reading it should suffice.

Sean
Great work guys. I just installed the latest SVN build solely for this feature. However, I think I misunderstood how this is designed to work.

I have a lot of 1080p24 content as well as a 120Hz LCD TV. I would really love for XBMC to be able to detect this and output this content in 1080p24 so my TV will use the 5:5 pulldown instead of the 4:3 I get now with 1080p60 (which is what it is currently choosing with this feature enabled). I've looked over the code, but I don't see a simple way to implement this.

I am an avid programmer, but I have zero knowledge of the codebase. Therefore, implementing this would be a significant task for me. I guess my question is, could any of you experts offer any guidance on implementing this option, or should I start trying to figure this out myself? Thanks.
Another note about EDID problems, my old Panasonic AX-100 projector badly misrepresented the display rates it supported.

Anyhoo, this patch is great news thanks, is it still in SVN only?
hi, would there be a way to select matching interlaced refresh rates for interlaced videos ?

because on all my tests my Bravia TV deinterlace the interlaced videos better than any software deinterlacing méthod.

For instance especially 720x576i videos at 25fps, like almost all SD DVB streams in europe.
As long as the video fields are correctly synced to vblank it's way smoother than deinterlacers.
I didn't tried yet, but I think it's the same with 1080i videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Auto switching refresh rate to match source framerate0