RPi4, LE11 nightly 16/9/22
Not sure if this should be here of the general support group.

I'm still in the process of switching from RPi3 to RPi4. I have TVHeadend and Haupage tuner. Leaving the stream profile set as pass the resultant recordings are unwatchable vis Kodi. Lots of jerkiness and awful lip sync. Copy the .ts files onto a memory stick and play on PC or TV and they're fine. I switched to matroska profile and it improved it a lot but there is still a problem. Its as though a few frames have been clipped from the recording at intervals. Difficult to explain but think of an actor turning their head. It will suddenly go from 5 degrees to 7. You can almost miss it but it makes for uncomfortable viewing.

I had it suggested to play with the deinterlacing - I did but to no avail.
What standard is the Hauppauge tuner being used for and which country are you in ? There are lots of different digital TV standards in use around the globe (DVB, ATSC, ISDB etc.) and different codecs (MPEG2, h.264/AVC, h.265/HEVC etc.) so it would help to know a bit more.
Sorry for the delay in responding. The country is the UK, Rumster Forest transmitter, the Haupage is set to DVB-T. That's about the extent of my knowledge.
(2022-10-18, 10:27)Caithness Wrote: Sorry for the delay in responding. The country is the UK, Rumster Forest transmitter, the Haupage is set to DVB-T. That's about the extent of my knowledge.

OK - so that means it's an MPEG2 video issue - which is software decoded on the Pi 4B.  (UK DVB-T is MPEG2 video, 576i25 aka 576/50i interlaced, and MP2 audio)

What deinterlacing do you have enabled for interlaced content like TV?
Sorry I haven't checked on this thread for a while. I've been busy chasing down a couple of other problems. I won't be able to get back to this for another month or so since my Haupage is on the RPi3 setup and I'm not disturbing it until after I finish recording the rugby world cup for a friens.
Hi,

As a data point, I am using LE10 and LE11 with UK DVB-T TV (so the same type of recordings) and I see no issues with playback. There certainly isn't a fundamental problem with RPi4 playing MPEG2 video.

Regards,

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi4, LE11 nightly 16/9/220