tvOS Apple TV 4K 2022
I also bought the new Apple TV and absolutely love it. I use it with the Infuse app to stream Content from my NAS even though I would prefer Kodi if there was an easy way to get it installed. For the time being Infuse is a great alternative and it plays everything I throw at it. Big plus for me is the seamless integration with the AirPods. Multiuser scenario is absolutely terrible because there is no straight forward way to lock down your profile or the device in general. There are profiles and restrictions but how Apple designed those is absolutely nuts.
(2022-12-22, 11:51)b4cksl4sh Wrote: I also bought the new Apple TV and absolutely love it. I use it with the Infuse app to stream Content from my NAS even though I would prefer Kodi if there was an easy way to get it installed. For the time being Infuse is a great alternative and it plays everything I throw at it. Big plus for me is the seamless integration with the AirPods. Multiuser scenario is absolutely terrible because there is no straight forward way to lock down your profile. There are profiles and restrictions but how Apple designed those is absolutely nuts.

The issue with users on media players is that DRM apps also have internal profiles - and then it gets really confusing.

You can have multiple users set-up on the Apple TV in tvOS - so different family members can log in and log out at tvOS level.  However you then also have profiles within Netflix, Prime etc. apps that are separate to these.  I suspect most people just have a single tvOS account logged in and use the internal profile switching in Netflix, Prime etc.
You have a valid point but on the other hand I cannot prevent anyone in my household to mess around with the ATV and hence my profile. If I set up the restrictions like Apple designed them, then I need to authenticate each and every app with my PIN and still our son could mess around with the ATV. I would prefer if there would be an option which would require a PIN for accessing the ATV in general so that our son couldn't access the ATV nor my profile at all. If I would want to grant him access, then only through his own profile which I can control like e.g. his iPhone.
Only problem is.. MrMC is dead...

No more updates and interface is lagging on the new AppleTV's
And stil on Kodi 18 database Sad

I think its abandon..... the real Kodi would be nice.
Has anyone been able to do this on a windows machine for the Apple TV 4K version?
I've been reading around, and KodiTVBox is much the Kodi build out for you, as well as registering the dev account. It's following the same steps as what's available to anyone with a Mac. Or so it seems.

I'm more than happy to get into the dirts of files, but spending several hundred/thousand pounds on a new Mac to get Kodi on a TV box is pushing it.
(2023-01-06, 17:03)elmuziko Wrote: Has anyone been able to do this on a windows machine for the Apple TV 4K version?
I've been reading around, and KodiTVBox is much the Kodi build out for you, as well as registering the dev account. It's following the same steps as what's available to anyone with a Mac. Or so it seems.

I'm more than happy to get into the dirts of files, but spending several hundred/thousand pounds on a new Mac to get Kodi on a TV box is pushing it.

To do this you yourself you need a Mac and an Apple paid-for developer account.  Without the developer acct you have to re-install every 7 days I think.  You may be able to run MacOS in a VM on a PC, or your PC may dual-boot as a Hackintosh, but neither of these are official routes (and are probably in breach of the MacOS licence)

I think what KodiTVBox is doing is effectively leveraging either their own developer accounts or setting up a corporate App Store (you can have internal app stores on corporate iPhones and iPads - that let you install corporate apps that aren't in the general App Store. My employer takes that approach). I've not investigated as I think either approach is likely to contravene Apple's Ts and Cs.
(2023-01-07, 14:20)noggin Wrote:
(2023-01-06, 17:03)elmuziko Wrote: Has anyone been able to do this on a windows machine for the Apple TV 4K version?

To do this you yourself you need a Mac and an Apple paid-for developer account.  Without the developer acct you have to re-install every 7 days I think.  You may be able to run MacOS in a VM on a PC, or your PC may dual-boot as a Hackintosh, but neither of these are official routes (and are probably in breach of the MacOS licence)

I think what KodiTVBox is doing is effectively leveraging either their own developer accounts or setting up a corporate App Store (you can have internal app stores on corporate iPhones and iPads - that let you install corporate apps that aren't in the general App Store. My employer takes that approach). I've not investigated as I think either approach is likely to contravene Apple's Ts and Cs.

Thank you, kind sir.

A friend of mine has a Mac, I tried following a guide over the weekend but areas I was instructed to click didn't exist. Feel perhaps the guide was out of date.

I will update in here if I have any success.
I get also the new Apple TV 4k with Ethernet 2022 and it's great. I use Infuse and DV works fine. But i miss Kodi and i hope it's coming a offizielle Version in the Store or TestFlight.
Infuse is awesome on the ATV, no need for Kodi anymore.

MrMC is a joke, Infuse is only $1 per month or 9.99 a year, well worth it!
(2023-01-07, 14:20)noggin Wrote: To do this you yourself you need a Mac and an Apple paid-for developer account.  Without the developer acct you have to re-install every 7 days I think.  You may be able to run MacOS in a VM on a PC, or your PC may dual-boot as a Hackintosh, but neither of these are official routes (and are probably in breach of the MacOS licence)

Don't suppose you've done this with Xcode 14 have you?
Every guide I've seen seems to be a totally different version of Xcode where the instructions don't match up. There is no single use Application on Xcode 14 (unless I'm being daft and can't see it).
(2023-01-23, 23:27)elmuziko Wrote: Don't suppose you've done this with Xcode 14 have you?
Every guide I've seen seems to be a totally different version of Xcode where the instructions don't match up. There is no single use Application on Xcode 14 (unless I'm being daft and can't see it).

I got it working. Hazzah!
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...b_into_ipa

I used the picture guides from here. Not all of them lined up with what was on my screen but I'm now looking at Kodi on my Apple TV.

Any ideas how one can access userdata to stash the sources and advancedsettings xml files?
(2023-01-24, 23:07)elmuziko Wrote:
(2023-01-23, 23:27)elmuziko Wrote: Don't suppose you've done this with Xcode 14 have you?

I got it working. Hazzah!
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...b_into_ipa

I used the picture guides from here. Not all of them lined up with what was on my screen but I'm now looking at Kodi on my Apple TV.

Any ideas how one can access userdata to stash the sources and advancedsettings xml files?

There's a tvOS & iOS forum section here : https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137 That might be a better place to post tvOS-specific stuff?
(2023-01-25, 10:20)noggin Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 23:07)elmuziko Wrote:  
There's a tvOS & iOS forum section here : https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137 That might be a better place to post tvOS-specific stuff?

Cheers, didn't spot this on the way in. Thanks
(2022-11-25, 23:58)Ragnatox Wrote:
(2022-11-17, 10:02)jarosujo Wrote: Is anyone using KodiTVBox ? That way you will get Kodi for ATV for 25$ / year. Is basic HDR10 and basic Dolby Atmos passthrough(via DD+) working ?

I have bought ATV 4K 2022 and tested it with KTB and it works great. 4K movies and series with Kodi addon and dolby atmos
But no HDR right?
1. No HDR in KODI for Apple TV, it works fine in Infuse. 
2. No Dolby Atmos either, ATV uses PCM in Kodi for multi channel audio. So regular 5.1 or 7.1 works fine, even HD version. But no object-based (Atmos, DTS:X) audio, as it is not supported using PCM. Again, you can use Infuse for compressed Dolby Atmos (using DD+), but not for HD version (using Dolby TrueHD).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4K 20220