Re-scrape individual fields only if field is empty?
Hello,

is it possible to re-scrape individual fields for multiple movies, but ONLY if the field is empty?
I noticed quite some of my movies do not have the plot set, and some have no actors set. It would be nice if Ember could be told to re-scrape a field on a given selection of entries, but actually perform the re-scraping only if no plot (or no actors respectively) is present in the nfo. I have made some custom edits (mainly to the fields 'plot' 'genre' and 'movie sets') on quite some of my movies, and I do not want to lose those.

Another way to do it would be to filter the list for movies with an empty plot-field (or no actors). Now that I come to think of it this might even be preferably, because this way I can find empty plot-fields that are still empty even after an automatic scraping, and manually edit those.

Is there a way to do anything like this?

Thanks,
vonson
for empty data fields there is a filter under the main list:

Enable it, select all entries and use the context menu to scrape only a specified data field.

For actors you have to create a custom filter that also will be available in the filter panel after creation. Then same procedure like above. Here is the query for the custom "no actors" filter (not tested, but should work):

sql:
SELECT DISTINCT
  movielist.*
FROM
  movielist
LEFT OUTER JOIN actorlinkmovie ON (actorlinkmovie.idMovie = movielist.idMovie)
GROUP BY
  movielist.idMovie
HAVING COUNT(actorlinkmovie.idMovie) = 0
Hey, thank you very much, I did not know that. I'll test this and soon as possible, that sounds promising!
For the Plot field that just worked, thank you. I somewhat never noticed that section...

As for actors:
I was able to create the custom filter, and it works. And the re-scraping of the actors field also works for a single movie, but as soon as I selelct multiple movies it does not work. Am I doing something wrong here?
Actors only for multiple movies is working on my test setup. Maybe there is one movie that cancel the whole process for another reason. Please check what was the last movie that has been scraped in the log file and test it without this one.
Hey, thanks again. I had done it manually alreadynow, but indeed there were a few three 'problem cases' that might have caused this.
Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Re-scrape individual fields only if field is empty?0