Screensaver and music "party mode"
two suggestions:

1. Add in the screensaver from http://www.electricsheep.org. I could sit and stare at that thing for hours, it would be awesome to have it as an option in the XBMC. it's also Creative Commons.

2. A "party mode" for music. Ideally, this party mode would mimic the behavior of a jukebox you might find in a bar. Essentially, when it's turned on, have one side of the screen be a Queue of songs. The music in the queue will play in order. Going through the library of songs on the XBMC and selecting one would automatically add it to the bottom of the Queue. Once a song reaches the top and is played, it would be removed from the Queue. Playback would stop when the queue is empty.
We already have 2. It's called (imaginatively enough) "Party Mode". You enable it from the Music library view.

It works slightly differently - it does random playback of songs, but you can ofcourse add any specific ones you want. You can also start it from a smart playlist of your choosing to limit it's range.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hmm, maybe I'm not seeing it? Under configuration I have "Enable Library" selected. When I go to the main menu then select music, the "Library Mode" option on the left hand side is grayed out and won't allow me to select it, however the small dot is filled in as if it is already turned on. This is on Ubuntu 8.04.
You have to scan your music into the library. Use the context menu (press c) to do so.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Okay, I scanned all of my music and tried it out, didn't like it. It seems to just emulate the party mix function from iTunes (which I also hate).

Any chance of ever getting a mode that functions like a real, true jukebox?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver and music "party mode"0