Best current option for ATV Openelec Dualboot
For the past couple of years i have been running my home Kodi setup via a couple of Ugoos X3 boxes accessing LAN stored media files.

Lately i have been getting frustrated by the poor wifi performance of the ugoos box and looking to upgrade.

There are various uses of the box (streaming sports events via the internet, better youtube) for which I find AndroidTV much preferable to Kodi so Sasvlad's dualboot option on my Ugoos X3 has been amazing for me. (By the way, I have been living under the presumption that simply running Kodi within Android will not be a great solution for me to get an optimal smooth Kodi experience - especially regarding accessing my SMB LAN stored library of media etc - is this a correct assumption?)

So...I was just hoping to see if anybody knew if Sasvlad's builds were still the best way to get the ATV / Openelec dualboot (or equivalent) that i want...and if so, what is the best current box for this? I am looking at Ugoos AM6 or AM7 or UT8, although all seem a little tricky to get ahold of in the UK.

Thanks very much if anybody has any input on this
For dual boot of CoreElec and Android I just use long power in Android and select restart.   In CE I just restart to emmc.  YMMV.

Many people are happy with Kodi for Android and many don't, it will depend on your h/w, video files and how sophisticated your a/v setup is.  The unofficial Android hybrids in Ugoos , Vontar, Bee-link and their clones are not particularly good though so certified ATV players with Widewine L1 might serve you better.

Martin
Thanks so much for the advice Martin Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best current option for ATV Openelec Dualboot0