Won't go full screen on 2nd monitor
Debug log: usetuhamoj (paste)
Kodi from Debian (19.4 Debian package version: 2:19.4+dfsg1-2).
Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
compiled 2022-04-09 by GCC 11.2.0 for Linux x86 64-bit version 5.15.30 (331550)
Kodi installed using "apt install kodi" in terminal

Add-on or skin troubleshooting:
No skins installed, only universal search installed prior to this issue.  Subsequent installs haven't changed the behavior

Expected Behavior:
I want to use full screen on my secondary monitor. I can maximize in windowed mode and this annoys only me, my family is unbothered.  

Actual Behavior:
Kodi moves to my primary monitor in order to go into fullscreen mode.

I posted all this to GIThub and they closed my request immediately because I didn't include a debug log.  After adding debug log it remained closed.  I'm posting here before opening a new GIT bug in hopes of a better response.
After poking around in forums I recall that I didn't do this before installing:

linux:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:team-xbmc/ppa

So, possible I'm pulling from an unsupported repo?  But now that I'm trying to run that in terminal it just keeps timing out over and over
(2022-12-27, 01:31)n8mills Wrote: After poking around in forums I recall that I didn't do this before installing:

linux:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:team-xbmc/ppa

So, possible I'm pulling from an unsupported repo?  But now that I'm trying to run that in terminal it just keeps timing out over and over

The repo you installed Kodi is Ubuntu one. It is Kodi from Debian migrated to Ubuntu.
However, I am running KfD on dual monitors (LVDS built into laptop and TVs on HDMI) and everything works.
Can you make screenshot of your Settings - Video pane? I can compare with mine working in fullscreen.

Also, does running "kodi --standalone" help you?
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
I have settings > system > display

Previous version allowed me to select which monitor I want for "primary" and I don't see this setting anymore.
Running "kodi --standalone" made no difference except that when I take it out of full screen it returns to the TV.  Normally it stays on the CPU monitor.

There is also this error, fwiw: failed to open zone.tab
Your Kodi instance by default uses Wayland display server. Are you are running X server there? Forcing Kodi to use X11 might solve the issue:

shell:
kodi --windowing=x11

If that solves the issue, there is a bug in Kodi you shoukd report on Github as it does not detect 2nd monitor.
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
I don't know what X server is, so it's unlikely I am running that.  I tried the windowing=x11 command as suggested and that didn't fix it, but when changing back to wayland1 it works as desired.

I confirmed that when I launch without arguments the selection of "wayland1" doesn't yield this same result.  I'm off to submit a bug report.

Thanks for your guidance!
I created a new issue at github, hopefully they address it.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22340
Thank you basilgello, n8mills.
I have the same problem.
You advice (kodi --windowing=x11) is working for me.
Ubuntu 22.04, Linux desktop 5.15.0-57-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 24 13:43:17 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Kodi (20.1 (20.1.0) Git:20230312-289ec664e3). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
Sony Android TV, Kodi 20.1
Good to have a comrade in my struggles Smile
Full uninstall/reinstall solved it.  My monitors are now found in the "settings>systems>display" menu by their real names and not just by "wayland#"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Won't go full screen on 2nd monitor0