What information does kodi.tv // the forum collect about me?
can I request my information?
can i request my information not be logged?
is kodi.tv part of any metrics where it would share my information for "the betterment of user experiences"?

just a few questions that i had since i decided to participate
We don't collect any data for metrics, surveys or any other use.
Whatever information we have is what you submitted when you created an account, which is usually quite minimal + whatever you have voluntarily posted on the forum and the IP attached to that post.
All that information is available to you via your user control panel.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
right on, thanks
Just to expand on what Karellen said, if you've not noticed it after his post, then there is a Download Personal Data button under Account Summary.
right on jjd-uk
And just to complete the loop, should anyone ever wish to ever close their account, there is the option to do so also under the user control panel. One selection in there is to remove data as per GDPR requirements, which will remove such information from our database (although it will not remove any public posts made in any part of the forum, as they are not covered by GDPR).

We really are as open and up-front about all this as possible, and give the user as much power as we can over their info.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
thanks DarrenHill consider me well informed
the only thing i might be further curious on is the time frame for log rotation and if they are securely deleted
BUT i believe this is probably too much "internal" information to share with just anyone and the information may not be available anyway
Off the top of my head i think it's 90 60 days. But they are completely erased after that period, as we get so many uploaded that keeping them is simply not practical for any more significant length of time. They are deleted, and simply by the turn-over of files uploaded the actual data on the disk itself will be overwritten in short order.

Plus of course the URL assigned is random, and so would need some very significant detective work and then brute force sifting to track down any specific log within the volume of them that we get per day/week/month.

Edited to correct, as either it's come down since I last checked or I'm going senile. Either are equally likely at this point - thanks @Karellen Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
60 days.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i didnt expect this level of transparency, thank you very much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What information does kodi.tv // the forum collect about me?0