Solved TV Show folder metadata storage
Where does Kodi store metadata information for TV shows? I have ripped my DVD copies of The Winds of War and War and Remembrance, and put the videos into a single folder. I downloaded .nfo files for the episodes, and edited information from both miniseries for the tvshow.nfo file. I created a poster.jpg using fanart for The Winds of War and scanned the folder using both Local Information Only and then TVDBv4. I found a poster I would like to use from the box set for both miniseries, so I overwrote the original poster.jpg. But Kodi keeps wanting to use the original poster, no matter how many times I tell it to use the new poster. I deleted the library, and then rescanned the folder, but it keeps wanting to use the original poster.jpg. How do I find the information buried within Kodi and get it to use the preferred poster?
(2023-01-22, 21:20)mitgarand Wrote: But Kodi keeps wanting to use the original poster
That is the 24 hour cache. The image will persist for 24 hours. Happens when you replace an image with another image named exactly the same.

(2023-01-22, 21:20)mitgarand Wrote: I downloaded .nfo files for the episodes
Why?
It looks like that series is listed at TVDB, so you can just scrape it using TVDB v4 scraper... https://thetvdb.com/series/the-winds-of-war#seasons

Also, ensure your tv shows are correctly setup... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-01-22, 21:34)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-01-22, 21:20)mitgarand Wrote: I downloaded .nfo files for the episodes
Why?
It looks like that series is listed at TVDB, so you can just scrape it using TVDB v4 scraper... https://thetvdb.com/series/the-winds-of-war#seasons
Because sometimes TVDB makes changes and scraped information is no longer valid. I have had several episodes I have had to re-scrape (namely Specials) because episode information had changed or the episodes were completely removed or were renumbered. Sometimes I find bad episode plot summaries. Sometimes I prefer a little more detail for episode plots than is provided. I used to have nfo files for TV shows with horrible TVDB information, like the old Underdog cartoon series, but Windows butchered the files when I abandoned Linux and went back to using Windows. Windows decided to create extra partitions not on the hard drive I wanted to install Windows on, but on the hard drive I had my TV shows stored on. Data recovery only found corrupted files for everything (TV shows, artwork, nfo files).
(2023-01-22, 21:20)mitgarand Wrote: But Kodi keeps wanting to use the original poster, no matter how many times I tell it to use the new poster.

I think if you focus on the Movie Set, then, instead of selecting 'I' for the info window, where you are probably selecting the 'Change artwork' tab, do this instead:
Focus on the Movie Set, select 'C' to bring up the Context window.
Then select 'Manage'.
Then select 'Change art'
Then poster.
Then browse.
Then navigate to your custom poster wherever you downloaded it to.
It should take effect immediately.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2023-01-22, 22:00)brazen1 Wrote:
(2023-01-22, 21:20)mitgarand Wrote: But Kodi keeps wanting to use the original poster, no matter how many times I tell it to use the new poster.

I think if you focus on the Movie Set, then, instead of selecting 'I' for the info window, where you are probably selecting the 'Change artwork' tab, do this instead:
Focus on the Movie Set, select 'C' to bring up the Context window.
Then select 'Manage'.
Then select 'Change art'
Then poster.
Then browse.
Then navigate to your custom poster wherever you downloaded it to.
It should take effect immediately.
Did that, and as soon as I restart Kodi, it is back to the original poster.jpg file. I am going to see if what another poster said about the information being stored in Kodi's cache for 24 hours works.
(2023-01-22, 21:34)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-01-22, 21:20)mitgarand Wrote: But Kodi keeps wanting to use the original poster
That is the 24 hour cache. The image will persist for 24 hours. Happens when you replace an image with another image named exactly the same.
This worked. Thank you!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show folder metadata storage0