Next step to validate my addon with "Kodi Addon-Checker" ?
Hello, looking for some help here from you guys Kodi addon developers  Wink

I have now created a PR for integration of the addon "service.languagepreferencemanager"  into the official Kodi Repo-scripts repository (see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=153783&page=20)
Hopefully it could benefit more users in the future that way.

My question is about Kodi Addon-Checker : I have been able to install it locally and validate the code before submitting the PR (after some more cleaning, no error remaining now).

But now my PR seems to be pending the Addon Kodi-Checker run and validation workflow...

Am I the one supposed to do something now (upload my local checker report, or ?) or is it for a "Kodi official approver/reviewer" to run it and then I should just wait for his review ?

Thanks for any advice !
Anyone who could give advice ?

I see that several other Matrix addons/updates have been almost immediately checked since my PR was posted and mine is still pending something...

But maybe this is because it is a new addon, not just an update and it requires more work from the maintainers ?

Or is Matrix closed for new addons, and I should I create my PR for Nexus directly ?
(2023-02-06, 19:04)rockrider69 Wrote: Anyone who could give advice ?

I see that several other Matrix addons/updates have been almost immediately checked since my PR was posted and mine is still pending something...

But maybe this is because it is a new addon, not just an update and it requires more work from the maintainers ?

Or is Matrix closed for new addons, and I should I create my PR for Nexus directly ?

I think this should me moved to the developer area but that said, can you post the PR number or a link to it ?

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-02-06, 19:32)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-02-06, 19:04)rockrider69 Wrote: ....
I think this should me moved to the developer area but that said, can you post the PR number or a link to it ?

Jeff

@jbinkley60 

Thanks already dor the attention  !
here is a link to my PR
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/2395

Great if you could help me in any way ...
(2023-02-06, 20:53)rockrider69 Wrote:
(2023-02-06, 19:32)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-02-06, 19:04)rockrider69 Wrote: ....

Jeff

@jbinkley60 

Thanks already dor the attention  !
here is a link to my PR
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/2395

Great if you could help me in any way ...

I looked at it and this being your first PR the process is slower and a team Kodi member will need to review it, which is what it is waiting on.  I went through the same on my first PR submission.  Subsequent submissions will go faster.

Have patience.  They'll get to it.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Quote:I looked at it and this being your first PR the process is slower and a team Kodi member will need to review it, which is what it is waiting on.  I went through the same on my first PR submission.  Subsequent submissions will go faster.

Have patience.  They'll get to it.
@jbinkley60 

Many thanks for the explanation  Shy I was a bit unsure if I did things right for this first PR.

A full review in that case makes full sense, I'll wait for their feedback of course.
Thread moved to addon development.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Next step to validate my addon with "Kodi Addon-Checker" ?0