Help Needed
Sad 
From the numerous great things I have heard about XBMC it is obvious that it works with MS Vista. However I have had numerous problems and can't get it to function so I assume user error/machine setup must be involved somehow.

I am installing XBMCSetup-Atlantis_alpha4.exe on a vista Home Premium 32 bit machine. 1gig ram, Intel 945 express chip. My default screen setting is 1280x800.

All movies that I watch are backed up movies stored on a hard drive each in their own separate folder with vob files not ISO.

1) When I start XBMC (non-windowed) it automatically changes my computer screen setting to 800x600.

2) When I view movies it shows a protion of the movie on the screen. 25% of the movie is off the screen to the left and 25% of the movie is off the screen on the bottom. 25% of the screen at the top appears black as well as 25% on the right. The movie screen section appears to need to be moved up and to the right but XBMC will not allow it. I have tried adjusting the screen but the arrows do not allow me to move it past the screen areas noted above. I have tried several screen resolutions and while they change the visual space none show the movie completely on the screen. The same thing occurs in XBMC and XBMC windowed.

3) The movie I used to test XBMC although played as stated above, it did play. And it did the next couple times as well. Since then however, I cannot get videos to play without it locking whether it is this movie or another. All settings have been set back to the original settings. They all begin to play but lock up and freeze approx. 8 seconds in. I need to shut down XBMC to get out of the movie. I can move my mouse to get the control functionality but pressing it does nothing.

4) I downloaded the mediastream skin and installed it in the skin folder but XBMC does not recognize it. The only skin that appears as an option in the setting is Mayhem III (i.e. 1/1). I have downloaded 3 different versions of mediastream and none have appeared as options. Each time the mediastream skin had it's own folder in the skin folder just like mayhem.

I hope you can help me because this seems like the exact software I was looking for but right now it is obviously unusable for me.
I can provide some help:

1: under settings-apperance-screen, you can change the resolution there to be 1280x800(full screen). Make sure it says full screen. Then (still under settings), Videos-player and select the same resolution (with fullscreen next to it)

2. Sounds like you have an ATI video card, so check this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36990

3. not so sure, do these other things first and see if they help. But you will have to bear in mind, this is only beta software.

4. Also not sure, not having used any non PM3 skins. Again, it could be just that the beta software isn't working with it for now.

If the 2 solutions I posted don't help, get a debug log and read this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Bug_Report
Make sure you didnt copy the skin folder within other folder to xbmc/skins

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Needed0