Fanart and posters stored locally in music video folders
(2023-02-18, 19:17)frankpc Wrote: Going forward, if I have to replace my primary drive used for the Kodi program itself or if I have to transfer my musicvideos from its drive to another drive, the data for each video will remain self-contained.

You can export your library(s) to xml files and then re-import them.  As long as the paths match, this should work fine.  See https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Video  If you have local nfo files next to each video than export is not necessary and you can simply re-add your sources and scan them.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2023-02-18, 15:22)jjd-uk Wrote: @Karellen when testing what Estuary does, did you toggle the relevent skin setting
Oops, no I didn't. Forgot about that setting.

@frankpc toggle the setting shown by jjd-uk
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-02-18, 19:47)black_eagle Wrote:
(2023-02-18, 19:17)frankpc Wrote: Going forward, if I have to replace my primary drive used for the Kodi program itself or if I have to transfer my musicvideos from its drive to another drive, the data for each video will remain self-contained.

You can export your library(s) to xml files and then re-import them.  As long as the paths match, this should work fine.  See https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Video  If you have local nfo files next to each video than export is not necessary and you can simply re-add your sources and scan them.
Thank you for that explanation. 

I've wondered whether you could edit the exported xml file if the paths didn't match.  Perhaps that could be done quickly with find and replace. 

How would local and dedicated nfo files maintain the assignment of local fanart, poster, and thumbnail graphics to each musicvideo which would render exporting not necessary?  I assume in order for that to work, you would still need separate fanart, poster, and thumbnail graphics saved for each music video.
(2023-02-18, 20:09)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-02-18, 15:22)jjd-uk Wrote: @Karellen when testing what Estuary does, did you toggle the relevent skin setting
Oops, no I didn't. Forgot about that setting.

@frankpc toggle the setting shown by jjd-uk
Thank you!

That setting appears to be perfect for my needs.  But I couldn't find it within the Confluence skin.  Perhaps I should explore using Estuary or another skin that has that setting.
(2023-02-18, 20:32)frankpc Wrote: But I couldn't find it within the Confluence skin
Yea, Confluence needs a lot of updating for v20.
Maybe you can create an Issue report here... https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/issues
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@DaVu introduced that setting for Estuary, and since he volunteered to take a look at Confluence updates perhaps he could consider doing similar for Confluence.
(2023-02-18, 21:55)jjd-uk Wrote: @DaVu introduced that setting for Estuary, and since he volunteered to take a look at Confluence updates perhaps he could consider doing similar for Confluence.

I and my friends who use Kodi, use and enjoy Confluence.  We have all spent many hours assigning the poster graphic to be used for the thumbnail.  And now I am adding the thumbnail graphic to each of many music videos.  So it would be really great if that Estuary Setting could be added to Confluence.

I will take @Karellen 's suggestion to submit a feature request as he laid out.
(2023-02-18, 20:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-02-18, 20:32)frankpc Wrote: But I couldn't find it within the Confluence skin
Yea, Confluence needs a lot of updating for v20.
Maybe you can create an Issue report here... https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/issues
Great idea @Karellen.

I submitted a request for two settings to be added.  One setting to allow the use of 'Poster' for 'Fanart'.  And one setting to allow the use of 'Poster' for 'Thumb'.
In general the problem for skin authors is dealing with the aspect ratio for different types of art.  In the case of music video, there is the problem of nomenclature, where to some "music video" means an extended AV of a concert, and typically featured/marketed as such.  Then there is a separate meaning of "music video" as a single song with accompanying video stream.  The "concert" type of MV is more likely to have art that is considered as "poster" (as in a 2:3 aspect generally derived from the idea of movie theater poster) while the "song" type of MV typically do not.  Instead "song" MVs might have associated album art which typically is 1:1 aspect.  Without official art for a "song" MV one option is to provide a "landscape" or "backdrop" art in 4:3 or more commonly now 16:9 aspect though I guess the vertical "smartphone" aspect might be up and coming.

Kodi is pretty flexible now in allowing for different art types but you still need the skin to provide a style that matches your expectation.

scott s.
I'll have a look into that
Thank you DaVu !

DaVukovic responded to our request on GitHub:  "As mentioned at the thread at our forums..I'll have a look into it. Please just give me some time."

My thanks to you for your consideration!

Frank
Just to let you know. 

This is now merged into Confluence skin by the last PR I merged. There are only a few fixes and after those are done, we'll provide an update for Confluence for Kodi 20
Thank you DaVu!  I appreciate your efforts and contributions with this ongoing and involved project.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart and posters stored locally in music video folders0