v20 Enabling master lock code removes sources from server
Ok,
dit some more testing, disabling , enabling the lock and rebooting dit not work Sad

I also put 100% of your XML in to sources.xml to try, rebooted, also does not work Sad

Logs ;

With my XML with the added part you gave, in the end I went to options in movies and clicked the "unlock sources" button and give my PIN and instantly all my movies and series pop up.
Log

Log of a reboot with master lock disabled (all my stuff is there) in the end, I enable a master lock and instantly the movies are gone.
Log

Reboot wtih master lock enabled
Log

A clean reboot with 100% your XML file you posted
Log

With your XML file in the end I enable master lock with instantly makes everything disapear
Log

Maybey you can spot some interesting differences in the logs ?

tomorow I will hook up my old box with Kodi 19 again (witch I got working a year ago, but cant remember how) I will check and compare settings, and I will also post a log from that one.

Again, thank you for your help and patience,

Hans
right on

let me do some digging around and see what comes out of it, no promises
alright

since youre on libreelec i setup the same version in a virtual machine
to get this workaround to work i had to apply it in reverse for whatever reason

so, uninstall jellyfin, apply masterlock, insert source for jf, install jellyfin seems to work

im going to reset and do it one more time, the virtualmachine is a pain as its set kodi's storage partition to 25M by default so im running into all kinds of bs due to 0 bytes free

------
EDIT

yes that works...

clean boot
enable master lock
install jellyfin (without being in master mode - this seems to be the key)
import from jellyfin
add the jf source to sources.xml
restart kodi
Wink 
Awesome,

I will be trying this tonight when I get home from work,

I will also still check the settings of my older box en post its log to see why that one worked in the end (but im guessing also by doing things in the right order by accident Smile

I will post the result tonight.

Hans
Sadly a fail Sad

I tried this
Quote:clean boot
enable master lock
install jellyfin (without being in master mode - this seems to be the key)
import from jellyfin
add the jf source to sources.xml
restart kodi
I do gues with "without being in master mode - this seems to be the key" you actualy mean that I need to intall the Jellyfin addon with the master lock enabled Huh? because this part is confusing me (im probably doing something wrong here)
Also , is it important that I put back the old .xml without the JF reference and only upload the edited one again AFTER I load my jellyfin database the first time ??

I tried a few times, also tried restarting between the steps and only restart at the end (like you posted)
I also tried with removing jellyfin addon and KEEPING settings and removing Jellyfin addon completely (including settings)

It is also very weird, when I removed the Jellyfin addon after "unlocking the sources" my movies and series stayed vissible (gues they where still loaded) even with master lock enabled, but than the second I install the Jellyfin addon again all my movies and series disapear !!! (but the addon DOES scan my sources and I see all my folders, movies and series's names flashing , so it is still connecting to the jellyfin server, it is just NOT showing them if the master lock is enabled and I dont manualy go "unlock sources" !!!

I hooked up my old Coreelec box with Kodi 19 again (witch is working fine WITH master lock enabled, but I DO remember having the same problems with it, and I played with it for weeks and it suddently worked Sad Sad )

This is its sources.xml file (nothing special in there)
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<sources>
  <video>
    <default pathversion="1"/>
    <source>
      <name>Videos</name>
      <path pathversion="1">/storage/videos/</path>
      <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
    </source>
    <source>
      <name>TV Shows</name>
      <path pathversion="1">/storage/tvshows/</path>
    </source>
  </video>
  <music>
    <source>
      <name>Music</name>
      <path pathversion="1">/storage/music/</path>
    </source>
  </music>
  <pictures>
    <source>
      <name>Pictures</name>
      <path pathversion="1">/storage/pictures/</path>
    </source>
  </pictures>
</sources>

This is its log file : Log Coreelec with Kodi 19

I also took screenshots from every Jellyfin addon settings page. (but I dont see anything special in there)
Link to the rar file with the screenshots : Screenshots

Thank you for all the time you are taking with this noob, I hope im just doing something silly and you can point out wat I dit wrong from your guide Smile
no worries

im not sure where its going wrong since i can do it over and over again and have it work even with your exact libreelec version....

lets try this, in this order precisely

first lets get to a clean state:
  1. disable master lock
  2. uninstall jellyfin
  3. clean library (remove all jellyfin stuff) - select clean from here https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Li...eo_Library
  4. restart kodi

second
  1. enable master lock
  2. install jellyfin
  3. import the jellyfin library
  4. paste the below contents verbatim into userdata/sources.xml
  5. restart kodi

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<sources>
  <video>
    <source>
      <name>Videos</name>
      <path pathversion="1">/storage/videos/</path>
    </source>
    <source>
      <name>TV Shows</name>
      <path pathversion="1">/storage/tvshows/</path>
    </source>
    <source>
            <name>jf</name>
            <path pathversion="1">plugin://plugin.video.jellyfin/</path>
    </source>
  </video>
  <music>
    <source>
      <name>Music</name>
      <path pathversion="1">/storage/music/</path>
    </source>
  </music>
  <pictures>
    <source>
      <name>Pictures</name>
      <path pathversion="1">/storage/pictures/</path>
    </source>
  </pictures>
</sources>
Thanks again,

I will try it step by step tonight and let you know the results,

Hans
Ok, we have victory Smile took me the whole night, but finaly found the problem I think, and I could not have done it without your help,

So, I tried your detailed step by step guide, dit not work,

I took a new SD card, started from Zero, used your step by step guide, dit not work,
But than it hit me, I took an extra step, I actualy always make a profile with my username (because the whole point of the PIN code's is to not mess up each other viewing history)

So I started from zero again, this time NOT making a extra profile and just using the master profile,
on the master profile it all works !!!

Than I made a new profile, I choose to start from scratch on settings and start from scratch on the media sources, SAME PROBLEM on that user,

I make another profile , I choose to use to COPY the standard settings and COPY the media sources, THAT PROFILE WORKS !!!

I make another profile, I choose to NOT COPY the standard settings and COPY the media sources, THAT PROFILE WORKS,

And now for the real kicker,

I put in my other SD card again (with all the profiles and its addons setup)
I log in to the master user, I configure that one with Jellyfin and it imediatly works (it finds the sources)
I DELETE the current other profiles that are not working,
I create those profiles again with the same names,
Kodi say's "hé I found some data from the same user name, do you want to use it again" I select YES
It asks me if I want to copy the sources or start clean, I select COPY SOURCES, and this user WORKS, with all my other addons and configurations intact !!!!

And now for some REALY weird things, I also have one profile that uses OTHER sources (other jellyfin library) and even with removing it, and adding the profile again and selecting COPY SOURCES, it actualy still had its correct jellyfin user and correct library's and they also work now !!!!!!

So it does not even actualy copy the sources, it just copy's the FIX so the sources work !!!!!

So I gues your fix makes the MASTER USER work , and aslong as I COPY the sources when I make a new profile, all those other profiles also work, but the weird thing is, it does NOT copy any actual sources, I gues it just copy's the fix in to the profile Smile

Thanks again,

I will be posting on the Github and Jellyfin forums with links to this and hopefully they can start working on implementing a permanent fix for this in the next releases,

Hans
youre quite welcome, very happy to know it works now

now i see the difference why it worked for me when i keep a reset profile, thanks for reporting back on that

hope the guys on github can work out where in the kodi code or jellyfin code this issue comes from and like you said implement a permanent fix

the first time i came across this i did not know what happened because i was a new user of jellyfin for kodi and had issues, reset the libraries in kodi a couple times and they were blank again and again until i realized what had actually changed - the master lock

take care
When I get the time I will be doing one more clean SD card and see if actualy the extra source in the source.xml file is needed,
and will just try the "copy sources from master user option" when making an extra profile.
Because my Coreelec box that suddently started working last year (because I probably dit the copy thing in the end) does not have a changed sources.xml file.

I will also report back on that,

thanks again for all the help,

Hans
Hi again,

I decided to take my old Amlogic 905X3 box that had a working Coreelec with Kodi 19 on it (still dont know why that one eventualy worked without changing anything to Sources.xml)

I started from scratch with the new Coreelec 20 (with Kodi 20)

- Install Kodi
- Set Master Lock Code
- Install Jellyfin addon (NO NEED TO CONNECT TO ANY SERVER, OR ADD ANY SOURCES)
- Add new user (you HAVE to select "COPY SOURCES" at creation or it will NOT work)
- Add Jellyfin server and select sources (NOTHING SHOWS UP)
- Add your Sources.xml file
- Reboot

WORKS , instantly have all my movies and series.

Thanks again for all the help,

Hans
thats great to hear

happy to help
Hello again,

Took me WAY to long, but finaly made a bug report on github,
Github

Thanks again for all the help, I hope I made the report correctly (I get the "rules not followed" tag Sad Sad )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabling master lock code removes sources from server0