Touch screen main menu bar losing focus
I think this is an old problem which remains.  I thought it had been solved but no such luck

I have a clean Kodi 20 with Silvio skin (current version) installed.

I want to navigate left and right on the main menu bar.  Using the keyboard it works perfectly.  However, if I use the touch screen and swipe left or right then focus is lost, never to be regained.  This makes Silvio unusable on a touch screen.  Oddly it seems only to be the main menu bar which is the problem.  Do not have issues with widgets and touch screens

I am assuming this is a skin problem rather than a Kodi problem but I am not certain.  There was a few posts about this a while back relating to K19 (and possibly as far back as K18).

Has anyone been able to track down the problem and have a solution, I am comfortable editing the xmls
just a tip to get things going maybe

since youre comfortable editing the xml, go into the addon.xml and enable debugging then up in the left corner it should tell you what has focus instead of what should
from there maybe it could be determined why it has focus

just speculating a bit but its where i would start

here's how to enable it in the addon.xml

xml:
<extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="true">

note the debugging true part
(2023-03-11, 05:13)jepsizofye Wrote: just a tip to get things going maybe

since youre comfortable editing the xml, go into the addon.xml and enable debugging then up in the left corner it should tell you what has focus instead of what should
from there maybe it could be determined why it has focus

just speculating a bit but its where i would start

here's how to enable it in the addon.xml

xml:
<extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="true">

note the debugging true part
I used the ability to enable the debugging overlay in the Silvio skin, according to that the focus remains on the main menu but it is unable to change the focus item so effectively has no focus.  So you can swipe left and right through the main menu but the focused selection never changes.

It could be a Kodi core issue rather than a skin problem and I have a couple of ideas for work arounds but it would be nice to have a proper solution
in order to check if it's a kodi core issue i would check if it's working in Estouchy since it's designed to be for touch

and with that i have used up all my insights, only rarely have i ever used a touch device for kodi
I believe its an issue with wraparound main menu. You should be able to go to Skin Settings/Main Menu/Navigation Style and switch it to "Fixed".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touch screen main menu bar losing focus0