• 6(current)
obsolete. deleted.
(2023-03-29, 09:18)monsoons Wrote: I did violate GPL rule,
so this is inappropriate thread.
Plz delete or close this thread as forum rules.
I don't understand why you'd rather delete everything than just release the source code, which by the way is a very normal (and under Kodi's GPL open source licence, the only correct) thing to do?

Kodi as a whole only exists because of open source collaboration, and you're building upon the work of many many people e.g. fandangos, quietvoid etc. that even made Dolby Vision in Kodi a possibility. What would your work be based on if those people kept their source code secret?

You were doing great work, and making good improvements to Kodi, but it's very against the spirit of FOSS to keep the fixes you made a secret, and have the attitude of "if I have to share it then no one can have it". What possible reason could there be, anyway, to not want to share the source code?
obsolete. deleted.
Please keep going with it
(2023-03-29, 10:26)monsoons Wrote: This was test build and had 2 major defects as I said. So I had to fix them and within 2 wks I managed to somewhat fix one of them. I planned to open after fixing both. I am not coder and don't know even how to use github system.

But now I realized I was wrong and must stop this right now.

I am deeply sorry for this thread to team kodi and all users who are angry with this.

hhh,it’s not a big deal,don’t be like this
(2023-03-29, 10:26)monsoons Wrote: This was test build and had 2 major defects as I said. So I had to fix them and within 2 wks I managed to somewhat fix one of them. I planned to open after fixing both. I am not coder and don't know even how to use github system.

But now I realized I was wrong and must stop this right now.

I am deeply sorry for this thread to team kodi and all users who are angry with this.

Ah, I think maybe there has been a misunderstanding. You haven't done anything wrong; on the contrary, for someone who isn't a coder, you've made breakthroughs into this issue that many have tried to look into and failed to make any progress.

All we were saying is that binaries need to be accompanied with source code, and it's completely fine that not all the problems are fixed. These are testing builds after all, and code doesn't need to be perfect. That's the point of open source, you make your contributions public and people can view and comment on the code, suggest improvements etc. Given that you're new to using GitHub, I can understand why this misunderstanding happened, and if you like I can help you set up your repository, just PM me.
@monsoons 
Who invented the wheel did not know anything about phisics.
Many times people without apparent professionality is capable to sort out problems that professionals dont.
Pls stay with us and continue your unvaluable cooperation.
Thank you.
I'm sure I don't speak only for myself when I say we're not angry at all! Your tireless efforts are most appreciated - please don't cease your work on account of any perceived disappointment from this forum.
For what its worth I figured out the mkv VC1 issue by changing the deinterlacing method in the Ugoos settings to method 1.
Does anyone have a copy of the APK? I was going to use this build on my Ugoos but it looks like the Github is down.
Me too. If anyone could share the APK, that would be great.
@monsoons You did a great job and I really hope that you'll reconsider your decision and continue working on this project, or at least restore what was already developed.
@monsoons please inbox me download link of your latest build.
Thanks.
Hi monsoons, I was just wondering if you were still working on your excellent FEL build for the Ugoos AM6B+. It works really well - one thing I found was on the second release a lot of h264 mkvs don't play smoothly whereas they do on the first build. Is this something you might look at?
@monsoons 
We need you. Pls comeback. I have ordered the ugoos from China one week ago because of your fantastic build. So pls dont let me now.
Many thanks.
(2023-04-02, 19:52)mattmarsden Wrote: Hi monsoons, I was just wondering if you were still working on your excellent FEL build for the Ugoos AM6B+. It works really well - one thing I found was on the second release a lot of h264 mkvs don't play smoothly whereas they do on the first build. Is this something you might look at?
@mattmarsden could you please share the builds, if you have both of them saved? Not sure if @monsoons is going to come back here, sadly, given that he hasn’t logged in for almost a week already.
Maybe not the ideal time to ask this but I have noticed that in this build there are some passthrough options missing. DTS for example. I just have DD and DD+. Is this specific to this build or did they remove those options in Kodi 21?

And another one: are there any Nexus builds other than those from Kodinerds (Maven) that have backported Dolby Vision support?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
obsolete. deleted.0