(2024-01-14, 15:14)jp2code Wrote:     <files>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>fusion</name>
            <path pathversion="1">http://fusion.tvaddons.co/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
    </files>

@jp2code - It would be preferred if examples shared didn't contain references to banned addons (wiki), even if they are long dead and defunct...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It's clear the "Video add-ons" link is not referenced in the sources.xml and given Darren's eagle eye for banned add-ons, there's a good chance this is at the root of the issue. Edit out that mistake in sources.xml, make a copy. A better approach is to create a Portable mode (wiki) installation on the same hardware (don't run it, create the shortcut with the -p on the exe), copy over that back-up sources.xml to the portable mode folder and launch. 

Copying over your guisettings.xml, favourites.xml, and advancedsettings.xml will ensure you have the same settings, favourites, and advancedsettings as in your basic instillation sans issue. If this all works, take it from that point as a portable installation and note my sig link for 'Caution add-ons you install'.
Banned? Interesting. Any idea what it does?

There was one time years back when I followed a tutorial on getting a program called Media Center Master to work with XBMC. I think it was supposed to look up the art on the fly or pull from a torrent site. I never got it to work, and I just figured it got overwritten years ago.

Could other XML files like my guisettings.xml, favourites.xml, or advancedsettings.xml also be affected?
I'm using CoreElec with KODI so sadly I don't think I have access to that stuff. At least, if I stick the SD card on my PC I don't... was trying to edit the add-on for TMDB to increase the 10 poster limit to something more. I've been using Kodi 18 for years, but my new box is, well, newer, so I am able to install 20.3 and it works, but having a few issues with changes I don't much like. Some movies are downloading just the worst poster art and none are useable. Refresh seems to bring the same artwork back in again vs randomly bringing different art. Was mentioned to save jpg and nfo files but that's a lot of work for a big database.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
(2024-01-14, 22:27)jp2code Wrote: Could other XML files like my guisettings.xml, favourites.xml, or advancedsettings.xml also be affected?
these xml files can be read directly with an editor, mostly no issue here. The sources did contain a reference banned software, in my recall it did modify areas that where much deeper. Hence my advice to get a portable installation in parallel working with the same sources in an unadulterated installation. Then move the other .xml files over and see if the issue follows.
(2024-01-14, 23:41)THRobinson Wrote: Some movies are downloading just the worst poster art and none are useable
This is a windows support thread, might not be the right forum for your issue https://discourse.coreelec.org/

off hand I'd suggest investigating https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078 and the file https://github.com/rmrector/script.artwork.dump
(2024-01-14, 22:27)jp2code Wrote: Banned? Interesting. Any idea what it does?

There was one time years back when I followed a tutorial on getting a program called Media Center Master to work with XBMC. I think it was supposed to look up the art on the fly or pull from a torrent site. I never got it to work, and I just figured it got overwritten years ago.

Could other XML files like my guisettings.xml, favourites.xml, or advancedsettings.xml also be affected?

TVAddons used to be basically the biggest source of 3rd party piracy addons for Kodi, and fusion was their installer/controller program.
Fundamentally it took over everything, and in many cases utterly screwed things up. Decontaminating things usually required a complete nuke from orbit.

The whole setup was taken down by the legal authorities a few years back, and thankfully hasn't resurfaced.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It sounds like you had quite an experience with the Kodi 20.3 upgrade on your Development PC. It's always nerve-wracking when your sources appear to be empty initially. Good thing you verified the sources.xml file was still intact.

As for the missing "add-ons" icon, it can be frustrating when things don't match your Media PC. Sometimes, updates or settings might differ between devices. You might want to check your Kodi settings to see if the "add-ons" icon can be enabled or if there are any specific configurations needed for your Development PC.
I exited Kodi and verified that the sources.xlm file was still intact.
(2024-01-15, 13:17)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2024-01-14, 22:27)jp2code Wrote: Banned? Interesting. Any idea what it does?

TVAddons used to be basically the biggest source of 3rd party piracy addons for Kodi, and fusion was their installer/controller program.
Fundamentally it took over everything, and in many cases utterly screwed things up. Decontaminating things usually required a complete nuke from orbit.

The whole setup was taken down by the legal authorities a few years back, and thankfully hasn't resurfaced.

Since that addon would have been years ago (like 2016) and I'm not sure what it was for, is there any way to be sure it is off of my PC now?

I did remove the entry from my guisettings.xml, but no change.
(2024-01-17, 13:34)jamescalled69420 Wrote: ... You might want to check your Kodi settings to see if the "add-ons" icon can be enabled or if there are any specific configurations needed for your Development PC.

I'm pretty sure that's what the problem is, but it is tucked deep into the GUI somewhere.

When I posted this, I was hoping someone with more experience in the GUI settings would be able to say, "Hey dope, you did it yourself in the Huh part."
(2024-01-26, 13:19)jp2code Wrote: I did remove the entry from my guisettings.xml, but no change.

If you edited that file whilst Kodi is running, then it will just get re-written when Kodi exits and have no effect.  You have to edit it when Kodi is not running.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2024-01-26, 13:48)black_eagle Wrote:
(2024-01-26, 13:19)jp2code Wrote: I did remove the entry from my guisettings.xml, but no change.

If you edited that file whilst Kodi is running, then it will just get re-written when Kodi exits and have no effect.  You have to edit it when Kodi is not running.

Gotcha.

I think I did. The word "fusion" isn't found in any of the XML files in my Kodi\userdata folder.

I still need to make it portable. I have not yet. I tried with the last install, but I went too fast and neglected to have it mounted on the USB drive.

Do I need to uninstall Kodi first before trying the portable version?
(2024-01-26, 18:01)jp2code Wrote: Do I need to uninstall Kodi first before trying the portable version?

No, just follow the instructions here
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Key with portable mode, is to launch -'Only'- with the shortcut that has the -p designation and path and that excludes the 'run' just after installation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to remove "Video add-ons" link from0