v20 Update Library scans old files too
(2023-04-07, 02:36)jepsizofye Wrote: youre welcome

When I went to go do step 6 "Enter "adb shell setprop persist.log.tag D" it now comes up and says, "error: more than one device and emulator" I tried it a second time and it says, "*daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037*
*daemon started successfully*
Error: device not found" any ideas?
more than 1 device: you had already connected and then connected again, next time that message comes up do adb disconnect to disconnect all

device not found: no devices are connected, issue the connect command (see the above message if more than 1 device shows again)
(2023-04-08, 00:54)jepsizofye Wrote: more than 1 device: you had already connected and then connected again, next time that message comes up do adb disconnect to disconnect all

device not found: no devices are connected, issue the connect command (see the above message if more than 1 device shows again)

Got it. Now that I enabled debugging, it's running and now it's taking forever with the scan?? I'm gonna disconnect everything and try again. 😔
(2023-04-06, 09:07)Karellen Wrote: @davelee77

Hmmm, you have done everything absolutely correct.
Looking at your log again, Debug Log is actually enabled. It states that on Line 30.
But there is no debugging in your log. It's like it has all been stripped out.
I have no idea what is going on there!!

Any comments on my other questions?

Alright. I think I got it now?? 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Let me know, please and thank you.

https://paste.kodi.tv/hodegimitu
yes you got it, that is a debug log

let's tag @Karellen back in
(2023-04-08, 01:47)jepsizofye Wrote: yes you got it, that is a debug log

let's tag @Karellen back in

Dang! Sorry, I made that SO painful for everybody. 🤣 I'll await feedback and now I know how to do it, it won't be so bad next time. Lol
no worries, it wasnt so painful for myself
(2023-04-08, 01:51)davelee77 Wrote: Dang! Sorry, I made that SO painful for everybody
No problems. You were a good sport all the way through, soaking up the knowledge that was offered to you.

Reading back, the problem is that additional entries of I am Groot keep being added to the library, so you have multiple entries for I am Groot.

I am not seeing that in this log.

You have this folder in your TV Show source... smb://192.168.0.112/Dave's Movies & TV Shows/Dave's TV Shows/I Am Groot (2022)/ (Line 563)
There is no TV Show named I Am Groot at TMDB... https://www.themoviedb.org/search/tv?que...am%20groot They are classified as movies.
Which leads to No information found for item 'smb://192.168.0.112/Dave's Movies & TV Shows/Dave's TV Shows/I Am Groot (2022)/', it won't be added to the library. (line 563)

As far as I can see, there are no entries being added to your library. Kodi does try to scrape it, but there are no results, so Kodi just moves on.
You should move that folder out of the TV Show source.

Are you are seeing something different?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-04-08, 02:03)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-04-08, 01:51)davelee77 Wrote: Dang! Sorry, I made that SO painful for everybody
No problems. You were a good sport all the way through, soaking up the knowledge that was offered to you.

Reading back, the problem is that additional entries of I am Groot keep being added to the library, so you have multiple entries for I am Groot.

I am not seeing that in this log.

You have this folder in your TV Show source... smb://192.168.0.112/Dave's Movies & TV Shows/Dave's TV Shows/I Am Groot (2022)/ (Line 563)
There is no TV Show named I Am Groot at TMDB... https://www.themoviedb.org/search/tv?que...am%20groot They are classified as movies.
Which leads to No information found for item 'smb://192.168.0.112/Dave's Movies & TV Shows/Dave's TV Shows/I Am Groot (2022)/', it won't be added to the library. (line 563)

As far as I can see, there are no entries being added to your library. Kodi does try to scrape it, but there are no results, so Kodi just moves on.
You should move that folder out of the TV Show source.

Are you are seeing something different?

Thank you. I really do want to learn all this stuff. I am working on bachelors in cybersecurity and networking so eventually all these things will come naturally for me. lol
I do remember I had some odd things with I Am Groot(2022). I should just redo that one. In fact, looking at it now, the file names seem to be saved incorrectly as well. It's a wonder I was even able to watch them. I'll clean that up and rerun it. It usually will pick up all the new files from the source along with doing the I Am Groot(2022) every time I go to rescan it. I'm gonna do one for my movies too because this happens with a couple things there as well. I'll do all this and check back in.
(2023-04-06, 17:07)izprtxqkft Wrote: To enable adb on the device you simply need to enable developer tools - https://www.firesticktricks.com/developer-options-firestick.html

You need adb installed on your computer, there are various methods depending on your computer's OS.

Once both requirements are satisfied, opening a command console window on your computer and connect to the device with "adb connect <device's ip>:5555"

Once connected you can issue the command to enable Debug level logging. ( For additional general information, not necessarily for the current operation, https://developer.android.com/tools/adb )

(Yes, this is a pita just to get a log, blame amazon)

Thanks a ton!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library scans old files too0