davilla first i would like to thank you for making this happen. I was dreaming about getting XBMC to work on AppleTV, and I found this thread today and was so excited. I am going to go buy me an AppleTV this weekend! But right now I would like to ask you and anyone else in here some questions before I make the purchase.
1) I have a powermac g5 dual 2.7ghz desktop that I use to store all my media on... Will I be able to stream media off of it onto the AppleTV (Running XBMC of course)?
2) Will the menus/interface of XBMC be in 1080p? I Have a Samsung 1080p LCD HDTV by the way. Will be connecting the AppleTV to my TV via HDMI.
3) Is it possible to use my sony PS3 remote control with it?
4) Is there a way to get AppleTV to bootup automatically into XBMC and bypassing the default AppleTV interface? I plan on using XBMC exclusively and won't be interested in using the built in ATV TakeTwo OS at all.
5) Will I be able to use the default AppleTV remote to control all the various aspects of XBMC?
6) Will I be able to change themes and modify and add plugins to XBMC?
7) If so, how do I go about doing this? I heard you have to configure and edit a lot of files in order to install different themes and settings. Can someone briefly explain how? I am guessing via ssh? Open up terminal and ssh into ATV and edit config files?
8) I don't own an Intel Mac, will I be able to install XBMC onto my AppleTV? What size USB Flash drive should I get in order to install XBMC?
9) If for some reason I want to go back to using the default AppleTV's TakeTwo OS again, is it possible to restore back to factory defaults?
10) is XBMC stable enough for me to use on AppleTV?
11) Do I have to be running a certain version of the AppleTV OS in order to install XBMC?
Sorry for all the questions. I just want to be sure before I go out and buy an AppleTV that this will definetly work out for me.
You all have been very helpful and I'm thankful for the developers hard at work for making this a reality!!!