settings.xml help text
Hi,

I'd like to add some "help text" to the settings.xml for an addon. Specifically, for an API Key field, I want to tell the user where to go to get an API key.

How can I do this? I've tried

Code:
<setting id="ApiKey" label="32003" type="text" help="some help text" />
and a few variations. No effect.
(2023-07-04, 20:20)powlo Wrote: Hi,

I'd like to add some "help text" to the settings.xml for an addon. Specifically, for an API Key field, I want to tell the user where to go to get an API key.

How can I do this? I've tried

Code:
<setting id="ApiKey" label="32003" type="text" help="some help text" />
and a few variations. No effect.

It works for me if you change the help to a label which points to another entry in the strings.po file.

For example:

Code:
<setting id="ApiKey" label="32003" type="text" help="35003" />

where 35003 is your help text.  Also you need to be using a skin which supports help.  Not all do.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Yeah I tried the label code. Possibly the skin I'm using doesn't support labels, I'm using Estuary. How can I find out which skinds do/don't support help labels?
(2023-07-04, 23:09)powlo Wrote: Yeah I tried the label code. Possibly the skin I'm using doesn't support labels, I'm using Estuary. How can I find out which skinds do/don't support help labels?

Estuary supports help.  Here's an example.

You can see the blue text at the bottom.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Huh, that's not what I see. But then digging deeper, I can't see where help text is provided in the source code for MezzmoKodiPlugin. For now I'll just put help text in logs, if not all skins support it then I can't assume the user will see it. Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
settings.xml help text0