TV remote not working anymore
I remember that I could control the kodi menu with my TV remote controll. But it stopped working some time ago. Is that something I need to activate or has that been removed? Or is it because I changed from a Pi3 to 4?
You're referring to CEC (wiki).

It hasn't been removed, and should work on any Pi (it works fine on my Pi4).

First thing to check is that it is enabled on your TV (different manufacturers call it different things, some details are in the link above or by Googling it), and that you have a decent quality HDMI cable between your Pi and TV.

There are settings within Kodi for it, but it should be enabled by default. Which distro are you using to run Kodi on the Pi (LibreElec, OSMC, Raspberry Pi OS or something else) ?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2023-07-15, 19:47)Trek2007 Wrote: I remember that I could control the kodi menu with my TV remote controll. But it stopped working some time ago. Is that something I need to activate or has that been removed? Or is it because I changed from a Pi3 to 4?

For having been here since 2015, you know surprisingly little about the rules here on the forum.

Very few people have crystal balls at home, in fact this thread should be closed right away!
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
(2023-07-17, 11:04)Nachteule Wrote: For having been here since 2015, you know surprisingly little about the rules here on the forum.
Very few people have crystal balls at home, in fact this thread should be closed right away!

If you really want to become a moderator, you can officially apply for that position. And apparently your'e not quite up to speed yourself regarding the policy on closing threads on this forum.

So for now, I urge you to keep your comments regarding other people's do's or don'ts to yourself. Trek200's previous posts are from 2015, so he's probably just a little rusty.
Actually I would have had more questions about this topic. But after reading this I don't feel like it anymore. One can stay polite even if somebody has made a mistake and in general I don't see how you want people to comply to the rules more, when you don't even clarify which rule they broke.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV remote not working anymore0