Can't mount drive
For the last I dunno, month? I've let Kodi run constantly because it doesn't know how to mount my external hard drive. I'm so angry right now I can't get it working because I injured my neck and all I want to do is relax and watch tv but I can't because this god .... thing isn't working.

The power flickered, so Kodi lost power, and now it can't see my external anymore. Every time its ever been shut off it can't see the drive anymore till sometime in the next several hours it magically fixes and mounts the drive on its own. I'm getting so pissed off because I can't make it work right now.

My external is a 12TB hard disk drive that takes about a minute to spin up and stuff. Why can't Kodi mount my fking drive automatically! Why is this such a problem? For gods sake. I am in agony here and I can't relax because all my shit is gone until I make it see this drive. UGH.

-----------

After fiddling with it for the last TWO HOURS with my bad neck and carrying my heavy laptop back and forth between rooms trying to figure shit out, it seems Kodi can't mount a 'dirty drive' which makes no sense in the first place.

The drive was "off" when the power flickered (spun down). Meaning no files were being accessed at all.

When I plugged it into my laptop the first time, it shown no indications of needing to be scanned. However the second time it told me there were errors and I needed to scan it, then it told me no errors found and it was fixed. After that, it FINALLY mounted to Kodi.

I need this fixed permanently. No more of this "Oh you have to carry your WINDOWS LAPTOP to it every power outage to scan and fix no errors just cause~~~". No more of that shit. I don't know this putty command line shit! I tried mounting it manually for a while but couldn't. Here's what told me I needed to scan and fix it though. I've cut pieces of the log out as it says not to post logs here, so I made this as small as possible with what I thought might be relevant.

Code:

[ 1670.418992] usb 2-2: new SuperSpeed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
[ 1688.725830] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Very big device. Trying to use READ CAPACITY(16).
[ 1688.726029] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 23437770752 512-byte logical blocks: (12.0 TB/10.9 TiB)
[ 1688.726676] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 47 00 10 08
[ 1688.789668]  sda: sda1
[ 1688.790189] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
[ 1689.144839] ext3: Unknown parameter 'fmask'
[ 1689.145155] ext2: Unknown parameter 'fmask'
[ 1689.145458] ext4: Unknown parameter 'fmask'
[ 1689.145677] squashfs: Unknown parameter 'fmask'
[ 1689.146655] hfsplus: unable to parse mount options
[ 1689.146873] hfs: unable to parse mount options
[ 1689.147092] UDF-fs: bad mount option "fmask=0133" or missing value
[ 1689.147516] F2FS-fs (sda1): Magic Mismatch, valid(0xf2f52010) - read(0x8e0e8966)
[ 1689.147525] F2FS-fs (sda1): Can't find valid F2FS filesystem in 1th superblock
[ 1689.147692] F2FS-fs (sda1): Magic Mismatch, valid(0xf2f52010) - read(0x0)
[ 1689.147698] F2FS-fs (sda1): Can't find valid F2FS filesystem in 2th superblock
[ 1689.147943] fuseblk: Unknown parameter 'fmask'
[ 1689.246314] ntfs3: sda1: volume is dirty and "force" flag is not set!

I need this to not happen again. The whole point of me getting Kodi was so that I could have things work automatically for me. Not have to deal with tons of command line stuff and ridiculousness like this. I live in an area with tornadoes, heavy snow storms, and all sorts of other dangerous weather. Power is very likely to flicker again and I don't want to have to fumble about trying to get my TV back every single time.
your problem is simple ... "ntfs3"

summary of the issues: you are using a windows filesystem on a linux operating system and you are a windows user trying to manage linux

and you are mad about the wrong software, kodi is not an operating system and the failure to mount is the operating system

and you are spewing your anger on the wrong forum

im guessing libreelec? https://forum.libreelec.tv

or rpi-os? https://forums.raspberrypi.com
LibreElec.

As I recall, Linux was able to correct NTFS filesystem errors the last time I used it. In fact I installed an Ubuntu VBox to test some of this a couple months ago.

As the data is too large to move, I can't just change the file system of the external device. I don't have enough empty storage capacity anywhere else to move the files. Surely, if a linux OS can read and fix NTFS, so can a Pi version of it.

EDIT:
Also, it may help if Kodi would actually tell you something's wrong rather than sit there like everything's A-OK.
I should get a popup on screen that says "Media Drive has an error and needs to be fixed."

Instead, Kodi doesn't give any useful logs or errors of any kind. I remember when I tried to install something and it just said "Failed". No reason, no information, nothing. Not even in the logs. What was wrong? Oh, it wasn't connected to the wifi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't mount drive0