HDR AND x265 hevc suddenly possible? (ver 18.9)
Hello. Over the last couple of days my TV has indicated an HDR signal with Kodi. This does not happen when HDR files are played back, only on Kodi's menu itself. Also, I've never been able to play back x265 hevc encoded videos before, now I can.
I don't remember the last time I ran an update, I think I have Kodi set to auto update in the background. The build info says it was compiled 11/26/2020 but these changed just occurred.
Even on the latest nightly we don't output the UI in HDR so I don't know what's going on with your system. Maybe a debug log will help.
(2023-09-15, 07:45)jz1276 Wrote: Hello. Over the last couple of days my TV has indicated an HDR signal with Kodi. This does not happen when HDR files are played back, only on Kodi's menu itself. Also, I've never been able to play back x265 hevc encoded videos before, now I can.
I don't remember the last time I ran an update, I think I have Kodi set to auto update in the background. The build info says it was compiled 11/26/2020 but these changed just occurred.
If you run a more recent version, then you may find HDR while playing a HDR video works.
I don't believe a nearly 3 year old version will support HDR.
Thanks guys for the input

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR AND x265 hevc suddenly possible? (ver 18.9)0