Library mode - Beta 1
Question 
Hi guys.

Long time reader/user (of XBMCTongue), first time poster.

Decided today, to try and use the library mode.
I was pleasantly surprised how wonderfully it worked with my TV shows. It got thumbnails, and plots for somewhere around 95% of the episodes and shows. Some old shows like JAG - did not get either.

Anyway. I browsed to my SMB share on my NAS box with XBMC. And selected the XVID folder. It contains about 40-50 movies. And selected set content. I chose movies, and IMDB.

About 5 movies showed up. And some releases with 2 CDs showed up twice. Anyone know why this happened? Im sorry to ask stupid questions..!

For example;
Indiana.Jones.And.The.Kingdom.Of.The.Crystal.Skull.PROPER.SCREENER.XviD-Darkman
-CD1
-CD2
Was listed as two movies.

Any special settings I have to choose to get XBMC to list my movies properly?

Thanks in advance.

And to the XBMC crew, keep up the fantastic work.
What is the filestructure under XVID like?
(exact folder/filenames)
Do you have stacking turned on?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Stacking is forced on for a db scan, though enabling it in file view and checking that the files do indeed stack would rule out filename compatibility with the default regexs. If you could wipe out the db (set content to "none" for the dir then choose "yes" when it asks to remove db entries), then restart XBMC and rerun the scan then upload your log (If a windows user could help me with the log path here that would be great) to pastebin and paste the link here it would help quite a bit.
How do i enable library mode?

I'm using PM3.HD, got some folders added, enabled library in options menu and update at startup. But when i browse for files the library mode is greyed out.

thanx,
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I have the same problem (disable library mode not selectable).
I couldn't find the answer in the link you provided.

Could you be a bit more specific please.
This problem is really bugging me.

Thanks!
al there is to it is setting content via the contex menu [c]-key. configure automatic scanning on startup and your library will appear.
shasohi Wrote:I have the same problem (disable library mode not selectable).
I couldn't find the answer in the link you provided.

Could you be a bit more specific please.
This problem is really bugging me.

Thanks!
Could you be a little more specific?
Are you trying to disable library mode?

Assuming that you are actually trying to enable library mode, have you set content on your sources?
(Which is linked to from the page I gave you).
I am having the same problem I think.

No matter what I do, the library button on the left is ghosted, and no scanning ever occurs.

I have renamed all my files and corrected my folder structure to match what is suggested in the manual. I have tried the Set Content for both movies and TV shows. Scanning on start up is enabled. I have restarted XBMC and nothing has changed. I set the content again, restart, and nothing.

Is there a way to force a scan? How do I know if it is actually trying to scan and failing? I enabled debugging and browsed the log, but i saw no reference of any scanning.

EDIT: I realize this is in the windows forum, but I am running the Live version of XBMC. Not sure if that makes a difference.
To all posting a problem in this thread.
Debug log while scanning please.
Okay, here is a debug log from booting up the machine. I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for, but I see the point where it tries to scan the video library.

http://pastebin.com/m877526e
The error is here:
Code:
08:35:38 T:2993642384 M:1695928320   ERROR: SQLite: Unable to open the database file
                             Query: update version set iCompressCount=1

Looks like your db file is corrupt for whatever reason. Do you have any database files located in userdata/database?

Wow, that was it! I deleted the contents of the database folder and now scanning seems to be working fine. Thanks for the help.
I'm having the same problem. Just installed XBMC on my XP box today. Over a year running it on my xbox, so I know the basics.
But after I add a source and set content, the scan goes really quickly, and the library view is grayed out afterwards.
I looked under xbmc/userdata/database and the only file there was a viewmodes.db and a cddb folder that was empty.
The same effect whether trying to add movies or tv shows.

EDIT: never mind, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seems to be working now.
Thanks for the great info, I had the same problem...greyed out library view...deleted everything in the database folder (except one folder which had nothing in it) and after that everything worked fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode - Beta 10