Linux Can no longer play Blu-rays
Most of my movies and TV are handled through streaming services and VOD these days, but not all concert videos are released this way, and even if they are, physical media sounds superior. Because of this, I own all of Rush's concert videos on Blu-ray, and when CyberLink stopped supporting PowerDVD 15, I followed the instructions in the Arch Wiki to allow me to watch Blu-rays on Linux. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that all the discs I wanted to be able to watch played flawlessly simply by opening Kodi and selecting "Play Disc" when it appeared.
This was some time ago, I'm ashamed to say I don't know what version of I was utilizing when I did all this - some version of Matrix is my best guess. What I can say with absolute certainty is I've tried to play Blu-rays recently, only to have them fail. All of them should work, as they show "AACS handled: yes" as required in 2.2 of the linked Arch Wiki page.
As something of a workaround/troubleshooting, I've confirmed that I can play Blu-rays with VLC using the method described here. Obviously, I could just watch this way whenever I feel like it, but it goes without saying that Kodi has a better 10 foot interface than VLC, and Kore is far more intuitive than KDE Connect is. The log file also indicates to me that something else is at play here, as does the fact that I can't seem to use Kodi in conjunction with MakeMKV.
Anyone have any idea why my Kodi install lost functionality?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can no longer play Blu-rays0