Solved Dolby Atmos stopped working after receiver upgrade.
First of....I couldnt find a audio support section, so Im posting this here......sorry if Its in the wrong place.

I upgraded my Denon AVR-x4500h to a Denon AVR-x4800h and now it doesnt passthrough the right audio like Dolby Atmos, DTS etc.

I have chosen The WASAPI HDMI Denon on both Audio Decoder and the passthrough, and everything is enabled.

It works fine in VLC

Here is the logfile (I hope)

mewuforoka.kodi (paste)
Never mind.

I changed "Sync playback to display" to off in the player settings, and now its working.
Thread marked solved.
I’ve got the same issue with a new Denon AVR-X4800H using an Intel NUC with LibreElec (latest Omega nightly). No Atmos TrueHD or DTS- HDMA. It does play Dolby Atmos JOC (DD+) and multichannel PCM. When I play Atmos TrueHD the amp shows ‘Dolby Atmos’ on it screen, hitting ‘info’ on the Remote shows no input channels active, no output channels active.

When I play an Atmos Movie, perfect 4K with HDR, no sound.

Exact same NUC and config (no change) using my old Denon AVR-X7200WA and my Denon AVR-X3400H plays everything fine. I have two identical NUCs with same version of LibreElec. Both play on my two old AVRs with no issues. Both don’t play TrueHD or DTS-HDMA on the new 4800H. 

The Denon AVR-X4800H does play Atmos TrueHD from a test Fire TV Stick 4K Max.

Any thoughts on why this may happen?

I’ll log a issue on the bug tracker with logs tomorrow.
An update: LibreElec Kodi Omega nightly runs perfectly on my NUC11i3. No problems with Atmos TrueHD and DTS-HDMA (or anything else I tested).

The NUC11 has HDMI 2.1 like the new Denon and Marantz 2023/24 AVR models (another user reported same no Atmos THD And DTS HD issues with an older NUC and LibreElec a couple months ago with a new Marantz AVR).

Could be an on going issue requiring new hardware if there is no easy s/w fix.
My HD audio issues solved by updating my Intel NUC8 HDMI firmware to latest version

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Atmos stopped working after receiver upgrade.0