threesixtyp videos abnormally stretched?
(2023-10-08, 00:23)CodyLane Wrote: But it's still very odd that VLC plays the files with no issues?
VLC and Kodi have different engines. Something might work in VLC and not in Kodi, and vice-versa. Kodi uses ffmpeg and VLC use libVLC their own engine.

Yep its curious, but two team members have been unable to replicate the issue. It probably is a Firestick or Android issue. Maybe another Android user can confirm? (if anybody is reading)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-10-08, 00:29)Karellen Wrote: Yep its curious, but two team members have been unable to replicate the issue. It probably is a Firestick or Android issue. Maybe another Android user can confirm? (if anybody is reading)

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373245
I greatly appreciate y'all bothering to look into it. 

Again, I don't understand how any of this works - just EXTREMELY grateful that it does almost always work -

BEYOND AWESOME!!!! 

But if any of the Android 32 Kodi folks happen by? ;) 

Morticia doesn't look fat - but she's not quite as trim as she looked in non-stretched 4:3. 

But Randy? He's definitely packed in a few extra cheeseburgers ;)
(2023-10-08, 00:44)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2023-10-08, 00:29)Karellen Wrote: Yep its curious, but two team members have been unable to replicate the issue. It probably is a Firestick or Android issue. Maybe another Android user can confirm? (if anybody is reading)

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373245

So should I chime in on that thread now? 

But it went dead back in May, and it appears that no one much cares? 

Is there a way to quickly introduce whichever missing metadata into the files - hopefully with some batch processing tool?

Possibly Handbrake can leave everything else alone and just insert the info Kodi needs to play correctly with the files on lesser devices?
(2023-10-08, 00:45)CodyLane Wrote: But if any of the Android 32 Kodi folks happen by? Wink 
Unfortunately we don't have any Android developers. Haven't had one for a year or two, which is why the Android Store is starting to fall behind with its current version.

It looks as if @izprtxqkft has uncovered the issue in that thread he posted.
What if you run the file through MKVToolNix, does that fix the issue?
I've personally had Handbrake mess up the DAR -v- SAR settings previously when trying to crop a video. (Handbrake was used to create your file according to the embedded tags)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-10-08, 00:51)CodyLane Wrote: So should I chime in on that thread now? 

no, informative only

(2023-10-08, 00:51)CodyLane Wrote: But it went dead back in May, and it appears that no one much cares? 

because it was solved

(2023-10-08, 00:51)CodyLane Wrote: Is there a way to quickly introduce whichever missing metadata into the files

the command is on post #7 on that thread

(2023-10-08, 00:51)CodyLane Wrote: hopefully with some batch processing tool?

batch script 'for f in *' easy on linux not sure about windows or ... google should help
(2023-10-08, 00:53)Karellen Wrote: It looks as if @izprtxqkft has uncovered the issue in that thread he posted.
What if you run the file through MKVToolNix, does that fix the issue?

Yes - AWESOME!!! 

Once I edited the Display width/height in MKVToolnix to 480/360 - then clicked to output? 

The extension was obviously switched from mp4 to mkv - but Kodi now displays the file CORRECTLY! 

Very cool. Thanks VERY MUCH to everyone for all of your help!
(2023-10-08, 01:06)CodyLane Wrote: Yes - AWESOME!!! 
Great!! Happy to hear it is working with a small tweak.
So it was a simple tagging problem in the file. Someone needs to contact the site and report their error. Handbrake can be a bit finnicky to use at times.
Though no idea why it only happens on Android not Windows. I guess its one of the downsides to not having an Android developer.

Thanks @izprtxqkft for spotting the issue.
My Signature
(2023-10-08, 01:18)Karellen Wrote: Thanks @izprtxqkft for spotting the issue.

youre welcome

now im off to play my vinyl records and yell at people who get on my lawn ... "GET OFF MY LAWN!"
(2023-10-08, 01:22)izprtxqkft Wrote: now im off to play my vinyl records and yell at people who get on my lawn ... "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

You scared poor Alison half to death!!!! ;) 

Ah well... I think we're done shooting for the day. 

So... what kindsa music you got playing there with the vinyl on your big ol' record player?

We've been vewwy bad piwates :(
(2023-10-08, 01:30)CodyLane Wrote: So... what kindsa music you got playing there with the vinyl on your big ol' record player?

https://missmayimusic.com/collections/mu...-pre-order

bet you thought i was kidding
(2023-10-08, 01:44)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2023-10-08, 01:30)CodyLane Wrote: So... what kindsa music you got playing there with the vinyl on your big ol' record player?

https://missmayimusic.com/collections/mu...-pre-order

bet you thought i was kidding

Pam told me all about Tommy Lee!

Luckily, me and Alison - we believe that sharing is caring!

And when you shouted at us like that?

Your voice is like SUPER SCARY and stuffs! Especially without the music!

You're like a demon, huh? Oh, we are SO gonna have an AWESOME Halloween this year! 

Anyhow, when you screamed at us? :( Alison spilt her drink! All down my top! Teehee... 

OH! But neither of us come with the proper metadata :( Is that gonna be, like - a problem?
(2023-10-08, 00:58)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2023-10-08, 00:51)CodyLane Wrote: Is there a way to quickly introduce whichever missing metadata into the files

the command is on post #7 on that thread

(2023-10-08, 00:51)CodyLane Wrote: hopefully with some batch processing tool?

batch script 'for f in *' easy on linux not sure about windows or ... google should help
I understand it's likely far out of the scope here on the Kodi forums - 

But because I spent enough time finding the answer? Here ya go: 

code:
for i in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -i "$i" -aspect 480:360 -c copy  "${i%}.mp4"; done

And then izprtxqkft was cool enough to provide code that actually works on the other thread - 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3168345

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
threesixtyp videos abnormally stretched?0