Bizarre issues lately. Freezes, "crash", can't play
I've had this Kodi running for a while now and its been running smoothly except for some issues related to the OS and my drive format.

However, in the last week, something strange has been going on. The first issue, I finished watching a TV show and let auto play stop on its own because it stops after 3 episodes if there's no interaction. I had a sleep timer on the TV to shut it off and Kodi initiates a screensaver (Asteroids) after 4 minutes of inactivity. So I woke up that next morning, turned the TV on, hit an arrow key on the remote to dismiss the screensaver and suddenly everything just froze, but I could hear my key presses work in the background. I kept clicking various things trying to do something but nothing would happen. I hit the power button on the remote to the Pi multiple times, trying to get Kodi to give me the reboot interface which it sounded like it did in the background but I couldn't hear it. After I tried to hit back multiple times suddenly it shown the power menu but wouldn't show me anything else. It was still frozen on one image while I could hear things moving around in the background. So I gave up and hit the power button, moved my laptop to the TV so I could "scan and fix" the external hard drive which had no errors on it anyway, so that I could get Kodi to read the thing once more. it was working again just fine.

Yesterday, I had this bizarre issue where when I stopped on an episode of SG1, everything froze up for like, a full minute. I didn't understand why but I waited and then it finally shown me the interface as it usually did. I assumed it was a fluke, turned the TV off, felt the Pi and it wasn't hot so I went to bed. Today I tried to resume SG1, but it just sat there, endlessly loading. I canceled, tried a different show, which worked. Tried to go back to SG1, didn't work. Tried a different episode of SG1, didn't work. Went back to an episode I had watched and it didn't even work. So I used the reboot option in Kodi to try and properly reboot hoping that it wouldn't screw up the drive making me need my laptop again. After the reboot, I was able to resume SG1.

I'm not sure where these glitches are suddenly coming from. Any ideas? I believe I have persistent logging enabled, so I can likely pull a full log if persistent logging does in fact, work. Last time though I looked at it and even with persistent logging it didn't actually keep the logs through reboots. Trying to remember how to get the logs via Putty but, I don't know command line stuff that well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bizarre issues lately. Freezes, "crash", can't play0