Seeking Advice on Managing Movies Across Multiple External Hard Drives
Hello Kodi Community,
I've been using Kodi to manage my extensive movie collection, and I'm seeking advice on how to efficiently organize and locate movies spread across multiple external hard drives.

Here's a brief overview of my setup:
I have movies on several external hard drives.
I've enabled library integration to automatically add movies to Kodi.
Each external hard drive contains a portion of the movie collection.

What I'm looking for:
Location Tracking: I want to be able to identify which external hard drive a particular movie is on without physically checking each drive.
Library Organization: Is there a way to create a custom library node or category based on the location of movies (e.g., grouping movies by the hard drive)?
Any Additional Tips: If there are any best practices or tips from the community for managing large movie collections across multiple drives, I would greatly appreciate the guidance.
I'm open to suggestions, add-ons, or scripts that can enhance my Kodi experience in this context.

Your expertise and insights would be invaluable.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Best regards,
botibol
Quick Access: Ideally, I'd love to click on the details of a movie and easily see which external hard drive I need to connect to find it.
Hello again, I've been doing more research, and it seems like I could use the tags to know the hard drive where the movie is located. By this method, which is the only one I can figure out by the moment, I should reinstall Kodi and do the scanning of files again. The only problem I see with it is that I am managing hundreds of movies, so once I am done with a drive, it's difficult for me to know which ones where already in other drives. Is there any way to add a tag by default to all new scanned movies?

If somebody more experienced comes with an idea, I would really appreciate it. I know I am a newbie and I started asking for help, but I really like the software, and I'd like to keep on using it and be a part of the community.

Thanks!
If you are really serious about storing your media on hard drives, then bite the bullet and get a NAS.
(2023-10-16, 22:36)botibol Wrote: Library Organization: Is there a way to create a custom library node or category based on the location of movies (e.g., grouping movies by the hard drive)?
Yes, create a Smart Playlist... https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists

(2023-10-16, 22:36)botibol Wrote: Location Tracking: I want to be able to identify which external hard drive a particular movie is on without physically checking each drive
(2023-10-16, 22:39)botibol Wrote: Quick Access: Ideally, I'd love to click on the details of a movie and easily see which external hard drive I need to connect to find it.

(2023-10-16, 22:36)botibol Wrote: Any Additional Tips: If there are any best practices or tips from the community for managing large movie collections across multiple drives, I would greatly appreciate the guidance.
Consolidate your collection.
Are all your drives connected at the same time, or do you need to plug and unplug drives to play the movie you want?
As Olyar15 states, a proper NAS setup would be best.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seeking Advice on Managing Movies Across Multiple External Hard Drives0