Announcement: Introducing the audiobookshelf_simpleclient Addon for Kodi!
Hello fellow audiobook enthusiasts,

I'm excited to share a little project I put together for personal use - the audiobookshelf_simpleclient addon for Kodi.
This is my first attempt at creating an addon, and while I've done my best, there might still be a few kinks to work out.
I appreciate your patience and would love to hear any feedback you might have to help improve it.

About the Addon:
This addon enables you to effortlessly link your Kodi media center with an Audiobookshelf server, granting you the ability to stream audiobooks directly from the server into Kodi.

Key Features:
  • Establish a direct connection with an Audiobookshelf server through its API.
  • Play your favorite audiobooks within Kodi.
  • Designed primarily for M4B audiobooks with proper tagging, including chapter details.

Prerequisites:
Have Kodi media center already installed and configured.
A functional Audiobookshelf server.

Installation Guide:
Firstly, download the audiobookshelf_simpleclient addon.
Access Kodi, then go to Settings > Add-ons.
Select 'Install from Zip File' and point it to the addon zip you downloaded.
Adhere to the on-screen prompts for installation.
Post-installation, provide your Audiobookshelf server connection details to configure the addon.

Usage:
After ensuring it's set up, just head to the Add-ons section on your Kodi main screen, open audiobookshelf_simpleclient, browse your audiobook collection, and kick back with your chosen audiobook!

Note on Support:
At the moment, the addon is optimized for M4B audiobooks, particularly those well-tagged and encapsulating the full audiobook. Please be aware that multi-file audiobooks might encounter issues.

Kudos:
A hearty thank you to advplyr for their incredible work on Audiobookshelf!
As it's a release, this would be better in the addon support section so it gets a wider view.

Thread moved to music addons (as audio books come under the music db).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcement: Introducing the audiobookshelf_simpleclient Addon for Kodi!0