Win Question about exporting artwork
@Karellen
I haven't needed to actually export artwork for a very long time, but I just wanted to check a couple of things before I did so:-

1) Is all artwork shown in Kodi for your Movie and TV show libraries exported? Would this also include the episode thumbnails shown in Kodi?

2) What file naming convention is used when exporting artwork (Default, ie poster, fanart, landscape etc or does artwork file name include the movie/tv show title?)

3) I'm presuming that any local artwork that exists will NOT get overwritten when exporting, unless I actually select the overwrite option when exporting?

I wasn't sure where best to place this question, hence asking in the Windows section, which is the OS I generally use.
As always, any feedback is much appreciated.
Cheers
(2023-11-05, 18:25)Dumyat Wrote: 1) Is all artwork shown in Kodi for your Movie and TV show libraries exported? Would this also include the episode thumbnails shown in Kodi?
Yes. If you choose actors (which you should), not all actor images will be exported. Actor images are cached on demand, so if you have never viewed an actors image, there won't be anything to export.

(2023-11-05, 18:25)Dumyat Wrote: 2) What file naming convention is used when exporting artwork (Default, ie poster, fanart, landscape etc or does artwork file name include the movie/tv show title?)
long format. - MyMovie-poster.jpg for movies, short format for tv shows, as shown in the wiki artwork pages.

(2023-11-05, 18:25)Dumyat Wrote: 3) I'm presuming that any local artwork that exists will NOT get overwritten when exporting, unless I actually select the overwrite option when exporting?
Correct.

But... I would not be exporting artwork as it is the inferior cached version, not the original. Especially if you haven't used the 9999 settings in your as.xml file.
Install Artwork Dump to download your artwork if the artwork links from scraping are still valid.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Many thanks @Karellen
You continue to be a wealth of valuable information and help to others.
I now know enough in order for me to tackle the problem. 
Much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about exporting artwork0