How do I stop movie scrapers from adding new tags?
Hi:

I'm running Libreelec Kodi 11.0.3 on a Chromebox with the Aeon Nox Silvo skin. I would like to stop the behaviour where whenever I add new movies and update the library, the update adds dozens of new tags from keywords associated with the movies. Previous versions of Kodi didn't behave this way. I want to create my own tags and associate movies with  them without the huge overhead of all these keywords. I've turned off the general option to use tags, as well as the specific options in the movie information databases to create tags from movie keywords. But I still get the same result. Any suggestions? Thanks.
If you have disabled the option to scrape keywords, then you should not be scraping any tags.

Which scraper are you using? Exact name.
Where have you disabled the setting? Exact location.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
In System Settings/Media Settings/Videos I've disabled "Use video tags" and "Extract video information from files."

In Add-on Browser/My add-ons/Information Providers/Movie information/The Movie Database Python/General I've disabled "Add keywords as tags."

In Add-on Browser/My add-ons/Information Providers/Movie information/Universal Movie Scraper/General I've set "Get keywords and save as tags" to "None"

The Movie Database shows up in my system as broken, and other than that the only other information provider is "Local Information only."

Thanks for your reply
Thanks.

(2023-12-08, 22:43)ntradd Wrote: In System Settings/Media Settings/Videos I've disabled "Use video tags" and "Extract video information from files."
Neither are related to scraped tags. FYI, always leave "Use video tags" disabled. It has a specific use and will break scraping if misused.
If you don't extract info from files, then you won't see any of the video and audio codec and language flags.

(2023-12-08, 22:43)ntradd Wrote: In Add-on Browser/My add-ons/Information Providers/Movie information/The Movie Database Python/General I've disabled "Add keywords as tags."

In Add-on Browser/My add-ons/Information Providers/Movie information/Universal Movie Scraper/General I've set "Get keywords and save as tags" to "None"
Yep, this is the problem. Wrong location. Have a read of the Settings paragrahp here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_...n#Settings
You need to change the setting on each Source.

That should fix the issue.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes, that fixed it. When I refreshed the database, it even removed all the tags that had been imported by the scraper, and left only my custom tags. However...

Now the tags feature seems to be broken. When I right click on one of my custom tags, and choose "Manage/Add Movies," the movie list is empty. Any thoughts? I used the Universal movie scraper to update the library.
(2023-12-09, 16:31)ntradd Wrote: When I refreshed the database, it even removed all the tags that had been imported by the scraper, and left only my custom tags
Hmm, not sure how that works. If you rescraped your library, which would have cleared all previous information, how did you reallocate your custom tags to your movies?
I imagine you would need to add the tags back to your movies as you have cleared them during the rescraping process.
My Signature
Yes, when I checked again after rescraping one more time, my custom tags had disappeared. However, when I click on "New Tag" and create a name, again when it goes to the movies list, the list is blank. I know that all my movies have been scraped properly, because they show up in my playlists and library nodes the way they should.
(2023-12-09, 23:20)ntradd Wrote: However, when I click on "New Tag" and create a name, again when it goes to the movies list, the list is blank
Unless I am misunderstanding you, then that is expected. Just because you create a tag, doesn't mean that Kodi is going to add movies to it. You have to nominate which movies belong to that tag.
What am I missing?
My Signature
It doesn't let me nominate movies the way it has in the past. When I click on "New tag" I get a dialogue box asking for a name. I type it in, select "Done" and then I get a window that says "Select movies," except the window is empty; there's no movie list to select from. So I'm forced to cancel, and no new tab is created.
What operating system and version of Kodi are you using so I can check.
My Signature
Libreelec Kodi 11.0.3.
I tested and movies were shown in the list after the tag was created. I could select them and they were added to the list.
This is a quick screen capture of when I tested... https://streamable.com/2j2gys

Are you doing the same?

If you can gain access to your MyVideos database and PM it to me, I can check if there are any problems.
My Signature
Well, my screen looks slightly different because I'm skinned with Aeon Nox Silvo, but I am doing the same, except that I now have no tags, not even my custom ones, and I can't create any because the tags feature doesn't populate the "Select movies" list with any movies.

I have to work some long shifts today through Tuesday, so I can't work on this for a few days. But I'll go back and check all my settings, and even try a different scraper, because that seems to have caused the problem. Thanks for your help, and I'll try to send you my db in a few days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I stop movie scrapers from adding new tags?0