Easy A (2010) scrapes as Easy Money (2010)
Kodi 20.2
Information Provider: The Movie Database Python

Movie file is named "Easy A (2010).mkv" instead scrapes to library as Easy Money (2010), a completely different movie. There does not seem to be any ambiguous entries on the movie pages to cause erroneous selection.
(2023-12-15, 19:23)rytomi Wrote: Movie file is named "Easy A (2010).mkv" instead scrapes to library as Easy Money (2010), a completely different movie
If the wrong movie is still in your library, go to the Information Page and select Refresh. Pick the correct movie from the offered list.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I know how to manually select a movie, however it shouldn't be selecting the wrong move to begin with. There's clearly an issue that needs to be corrected. Easy A (2010) should not be mistaken for Easy Money (2010). Easy A should be selected as the closer match, and also is aphabetically first. There's literally no reason I can see for the movie scaping incorrectly.
(2023-12-15, 22:40)rytomi Wrote: I know how to manually select a movie, however it shouldn't be selecting the wrong move to begin with.
Scrapers are not 100% accurate. Never claimed to be.
No idea what is going on at your end as you did not provide a Debug Log.
With your firm statement, I trust you inspected the TMDB API to rule out TMDB as the issue?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-12-15, 23:36)Karellen Wrote: With your firm statement, I trust you inspected the TMDB API to rule out TMDB as the issue?
I'm getting the same problem.
I haven't looked at the API itself, but simply typing "easy a" into the website search box returns Easy A as the first result. Adding the year gives Easy A, with Easy Money in 2nd place.
However, removing the "a" and searching only for "easy y:2010" gives Easy Money 2010 in position 1, and Easy A 2010 in position 2...

This suggests the scraper is dropping the "a" for whatever reason, which probably works 99.9% of the time, but in this specific case, 2 films came out the same year with 2 word titles, one of which was an "a", and the reduced accuracy causes ambiguous results.
I tried renaming the file to simply "easy a - 2010.avi" in my collection to see if that helped prompt the scraper to keep the "a", but nope.

Personally, I'm just going to create a suitable nfo file for this one in my collection and let the media players around the house clean themselves up that way.

Oh, and I imagine if anyone has both "Easy A" and "Easy Money" in their collection, the scraper will decide both are Easy Money and act as if they're duplicates. That's probably an even more confusing result.
That's what I wound up doing, I created an NFO file. Strange because previously it scraped correctly.
(2024-01-06, 02:34)tin2001 Wrote: Personally, I'm just going to create a suitable nfo file for this one
Use a Parsing NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Parsing
It will scrape the correct movie.
My Signature
Just ran Easy A (2010) through the TMDB API search and it was not found.
It's a TMDB problem.
My Signature
(2024-01-06, 02:59)Karellen Wrote: Just ran Easy A (2010) through the TMDB API search and it was not found.
It's a TMDB problem.

I tested and searched with the German title and it was found immediately.
When I search with the English title I also get "Easy Money (2010)".
But it shouldn't be a problem, because when I go to update in video info it says "Easy A (2010) in the list to select from.

LOL - thanks for this one. I just noticed that my Easy A did the same thing (and fixed it in Information).  I just built a brand new system w/KODI 2.03 and TMDB/Python, and noticed that a handful of movies scraped wrong by default, and have been manually changing when I notice them. Obviously didn't notice Easy A until I saw this thread. So, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easy A (2010) scrapes as Easy Money (2010)0