Set artwork
@Karelien thank for your help.
(2024-01-16, 01:58)jshs2020 Wrote: @Karelien thank for your help.
You are welcome Smile

Check out this new wiki page for the new Video Versions feature... https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_versions
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'd just thought I'd provide some feedback on how things went. Of course, I might have "done it wrong".
I use the term collection to define the movies that are automatically added to a set [by the scraper?] Such as movies like Spiderman, x-men, the dark knight and so on.
I use the term set to define a group of movies I manually group together.
I understand these terms are interchangeable, but I wanted to way to clarify what happened.

Ok, there were a total of 1267 sets/collections.
Of those 406 had artwork and were a "collection'.
861 were manually created and not one of them ended up with any artwork for the set.

I tried artwork dump, export as separate file and even copied the artwork manually to the MSIF.

The only way I could get an image for the "set" was to use Kodi and via Manage Choose Artwork.
I had all the artwork so it was a matter of navigating to the folder and selecting it.
Kodi does not remember navigation, so it was a matter of navigating from scratch each time.

It took me 1 hour to configure the artwork for 18 movies.
That's 48 hours of setting up artwork for 861 sets.
If I spent three hours a day setting up the artwork it would take me 16 days to get it done.
I gave up after one hour.

To me, that is a massive inconvenience.

If I understand things correctly, from now on every time I create a set manually, I will have to manually download the artwork and via manage... add it to the set.

I'll have a read of that wiki.
And look into using versions instead of sets.

again, thanks for your assistance.
Joel
(2024-01-29, 04:27)jshs2020 Wrote: The only way I could get an image for the "set" was to use Kodi and via Manage Choose Artwork.
Ok there is something wrong with what you have set up. Unfortunately, I don't know what that is with me sitting here, and you who knows where Smile

If you are comfortable with the Debug Log, this is what happens...
xml:
debug <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching full NFO file: F:\Movies- Sets\Indiana Jones Collection\Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)\Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023).nfo
debug <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Looking for local artwork for movie set 'Indiana Jones Collection' in folder 'F:\Movies- Sets Art\Indiana Jones Collection\'
debug <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to movies:F:\Movies- Sets\Indiana Jones Collection\Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)\Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023).mkv

See the second line where Kodi is automatically searching for the artwork in the MSIF (Movie Set Information Folder)? It happens automatically.
F:\Movies- Sets Art\ is what I named my MSIF.
I would be interested to see what happens in your log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set artwork0