kodi does not install binary add-ons after architecture change
I want to move my settings and add-ons from Kodi Android x86 to Kodi Windows x64 or vice versa, from Kodi Windows x64 to Kodi Android x86.
I make a backup with Backup add-on or with another add-on.
So when you restore Kodi on the target system, generally, all the binary add-ons are gone and the python add-ons look correctly installed.
This is fine, since binary add-ons are different for each architecture.
But when I try to install the binary add-ons from the repository I get "error the add-on could not be installed".

I can add them manually, but I can't install them from the official Kodi repository.
This is a problem, because it's not just one or two add-ons, the problem is with all binary add-ons.
A few weeks ago I did the same operation and everything worked correctly by simply uninstalling an add-on that depends, for example, on VideoPlayer InputStream and reinstalling it, then its dependencies were installed correctly.

But now I can't get it.
I have uninstalled Kodi completely, I have reinstalled Kodi and added the add-ons, made the backup and the problem persists when moving it to another operating system.
This time I have done it from Windows Seven x64 and now I am moving it to Android 9 TV armv7.
None of the add-ons from these categories of the Kodi repository can be installed:
-Audio decoders
-Audio encoders
-Emulators
-Image decoder
-PVR Clients
-VideoPlayer InputStream
-Virtual filesystems

Debug log from Android 9 TV armv7
hastebin - uyonatotoc (kodi.tv)
It's not supported. You could copy the XML files, but you would need to reinstall the add-ons first
(2024-01-05, 20:48)Fuzzard Wrote: It's not supported. You could copy the XML files, but you would need to reinstall the add-ons first

Hello, I don't understand what you mean by copying the xml files.
I think there is something in the configuration that prevents installing binaries on the new system, since on one occasion it did work to move Kodi from Android armv7 to Windows x64.

On many websites they talk about deleting the addon33.db file due to Kodi problems, if I delete it now I can install binary add-ons, the problem is that deleting addon33.db also deletes all the installed add-ons. Is it possible to delete or modify addon33.db and keep the installed add-ons?
(2024-01-05, 21:15)Cixert Wrote: Is it possible to delete or modify addon33.db and keep the installed add-ons?
(2024-01-05, 20:48)Fuzzard Wrote: It's not supported.

not supported means "Not Supported"

you should not transfer userdata across platforms, addon_data (addon settings) might be ok but may also contain settings specific to the wrong system architecture

any previous success was purely accidental as it's not intended to work
Days later, without touching anything at all. Kodi started working normally, downloading binary extensions perfectly. Both on Android TV amrv7 with Kodi ported from Windows x64, and on Windows x64 with Kodi ported from Android TV amrv7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi does not install binary add-ons after architecture change0